Under the Pearly Gates

Clary felt the pain of the metal in her entire body. She was losing blood but did not feel her life slip away from her. At this instant Michael jumped from behind her and landed on top of Lucifer. The fight started between the two most powerful beings who had ever lived. It was an explosion of celestial light every time Michael's sword met Lucifer's sword. The light was so bright that Clary had to look away.

She took the opportunity to touch the wound and realised that it wasn't bleeding anymore. Thanks to her vampire body she was immortal.

"Clary! Run on the battlefield to help. There is nothing that can be done here. I will take care of my brother."

Hearing Michael words woke her up and she ran out of the room immediately. She needed to help Jace with Jonathan before he got himself killed.

She ran as fast as she could and finally ended up out of the citadel. Their army was fighting but the demons seemed to have taken the advantages. At the back of their lines she could see an army of warlock casting spells from a distance. On the shadow hunters side the warlock weren't enough to counter the spells.

Behind the warlocks were the greater demons, looking at the battle with enjoyment. From this far she could only see some Abbadon staring at the dead bodies with a smile. He was the one she was the most scared of. He was known for being just under Lucifer and was supposed to be the first one called when humanity needed to be destroyed. It was the first time in history that he got out. She also recognised Azazel, whom she has seen before. Moloch, the one associated with child sacrifice was standing by their side and so many more. How were they going to be able to fight that?

She tried to activate her rune of strength but nothing happened. On her side another Shadowhunter was complaining about not being able to activate his rune. "Clary..." Michael! What was going on?! At least she knew he was still alive. "Raziel is in the chords room. He needs to be stopped." Without thinking twice about it she ran back to the castle. A mental image of the way to follow was implanted in her mind and she could run without stopping. Once in front of the door she took a deep breath. She had no idea how she was gonna fight him but she had to. Her fear was taking over her mind so she stopped for a minute.

"You know we have to do this, right?"

She jumped in the direction of the voice. A tall man with long dirty hair was shoulder length.

"Cain?"

"I'm sorry for taking Lilith's side. I'll make it right this time. We have to go fast, your people are losing the battle. They can't access their powers and a shadow hunter without its runes is useless."

Clary nodded and the two of them opened the door. An angel was standing in the room playing with the chords. Cain ran and attacked but Raziel had the time to turn around and push him away with just the force of one hand.

"What do I see? We've got visitors? Ah... Clary. I told you that you will pay if you continued not listening."

Her teeth clenched and she could feel an anger she never knew she had inside her.

"Raziel." she spat.

She ran towards him and attacked with her seraph blade. The angel avoided every hit but couldn't hit her back. She eventually managed to push him out of the room while Cain closed the door after them. She hoped that he would manipulate the chords to bring the powers back.

Raziel wasn't giving her the time to think. He was trying to pierce her with his sword. She tried to move but she found herself cornered with the being facing her.

"Seems to be the end, little Clary."

It started as a faint tingle that she didn't notice but it slowly creeped its way into a burn inside her body. Her powers were back.

"Or maybe it seems like you're still too confident, Raziel."

In front of the confused eyes she took her stele out and drew a rune on the angel. The rune started moving, pulsing and shining on its skin. Raziel backed off screaming, his hand holding the piece of burning skin.

"How did you? I'm an angel, you shouldn't be able to harm me with runes."

"No, you became a fallen angel the first time Michael contacted me. Goodbye Raziel."

In a follow up of ashes and light, Raziel disappeared from Clary's field of vision. Jace. She had to get to Jace. The door opened and Cain walked his way to her.

"Clary? Is he gone?"

"Yes, we have to go on the battlefield now. Your mark could be really helpful."

On the battlefield Jace was actively trying to find his brother. After all the wrong he did in his life that could be his only way to redemption. He had to kill him even if that meant his death. Every now and then a downworlder tried to attack him but he was used to fighting them that a simple swirl of his sword was enough to kill them. He looked like a lion on that battlefield leaving dead bodies on the ground behind him.

"JONATHAN!"he screamed as loud as his lungs could.

The man appeared in front of him few seconds later.

"You called?"

Jace was fuming. Without answering he attacked him. They both assumed a high guard. Jace's blood was running faster in his veins. Jonathan's face was blank but he could feel the excitement. So much had happen between the two that their hatred was on a different level. Jace had killed before, multiple times and felt some sort of excitement but this time it was different. Jonathan threw an overhand that Jace avoided reflexively. With the next cut, Jace threw his hand up and aimed at Jonathan's chest. He was aware that he will need more than a sword to kill him but hoped to incapacitate him. Just like their powers, their weapons' powers were intensified here in Heaven. His seraph blade was attracting the celestial light but that wasn't a fraction of the power of the heavenly fire sword. Although if Jonathan got a cut or anything like that he would be seriously hurt and that's what Jace was aiming for.

Jonathan dodged the attack and with no time Jace pressed in trying to make a quick move. Jonathan jumped followed by Jace. The two swords met in the air and they both landed. Jace was avoiding his opponent eyes knowing very well what would happen to him if he looked.

Jace parried Jonathan's attack and he desperately trying to attack again.

"Jonathan!"

Jonathan turned around and Jace took the opportunity to strike and finally managed to hit him. Cain jumped in direction of Jonathan and as soon as this one tried to protect himself the mark activated.

"Clary." Jace ran to her.

"I remembered my dream. I called you in it and it got you killed so I tried to call him instead."

"Clary, I love you."

He took her hands in his.

"I love you, I always have. I don't care what you look like because it's you that I want. I always have and always will."

"Sorry to interrupt your lovely moment but you need to get out of here. The greater demons are coming and none of you can't fight them."

Clary and Jace ran back to the citadel. Once arrived there, they stood on the balcony and watched the Archangels walk out of the gates.