If I Shall Die Before I Live

"I told you no one was in the room you idiot."

"Why did we see a light then?"

"Lucifer knows, these angels are acting up every once in a while. Who cares, the smell is gone anyway."

The two men left the room Jace stood in few seconds ago. The building became quiet again and everyone went on with their previous occupations. Downstairs in front the building was standing a group of Shadowhunters accompanied by two warlocks. They were all confused on the reason why people started running around and suddenly stopped. Clary looked at Magnus: 

"So how do I go on about this portal?"

Mangnus lifted his hands and a sparkly colour came out of it.

"Don't worry about it, I will activate it from here. On the inside though you will have to go through it by yourself."

"But I am accompanied by a warlock, why can't he do it?" 

"Because your presence in the room and your rune making a magical mark might warn the angels that we are coming." She nodded. Very well then, the mission started. 

"Clary don't forget, you are in another body so your nephilim smell isn't as strong but is still here. Be careful."

She knew that. The plan was to walk in and ask for a meeting with Sammael, effective but could go terribly wrong quickly. 

She walked towards the entrance and opened the door followed by a warlock. They were facing a very confused receptionist.

"Sel...Selene?"

She didn't respond and felt a hit in her ribs. 

"Yes. I need to contact Sammael. Where is he?"

The man behind the desk rose his eyebrows.

"Miss, he is in Heaven already but you are not supposed to be here. Where are the Shadowhunters?"

"Clary Fairchild, in my previous body came back to the Institute. I am pretty sure that he will be glad to know about it."

They had to be faster or they will get caught. Clary started to feel nervous.

"Bring us to the room."

"Hold on, I smell nephilim again."

Again? What did he mean by again? Did they smell them earlier already? If that was the case Alec and everyone else outside was in danger.

"We are coming straight from that stupid New York Institute. We were surrounded by them."

Clary looked at the warlock and internally thanked him. She should've thought if that herself. The man looked pleased with that answer and directed them to the room. When he tried to follow them Clary said:

"If you dare come with me when I need to talk business with Sammael, my teeth will be the last thing you see before passing out."

Everyone knew Selene's reputation. The most dangerous vampire in history who became so blood thirsty that had to be locked in a coffin for thousands of years. He backed off, she was way stronger than he was and could die within seconds if he wasn't careful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jace landed on what felt like a really hard floor. It was cold to the touch.

"Jace Herondale. Welcome to Heaven."