Secrets

Grian was known to be terrible with Redstone and he did his best to not get into any physical fights, so his level of PvP skills were unknown to the other hermits.

But what if I told you that Grian is actualy good with redstone- no amazing! And that he is an incredible fighter?

You probably wouldn't believe me, huh? Grian is just a great builder and a major prankster, right?

Well, not really.

Sure he is an incredible builder and loves to prank people, but he also used to be very good with redstone.

But he stoped doing it when he arrived on the hermitcraft server, it brought back to many bad memories.

Grian was a watcher, he was forced to be one. The watchers would use him to make complicated Redstone contraptions, keeping him up for nights on end just so they would be finished in time.

They also forced him to fight players that disobeyed the watchers, most of those players were extremely good at PvP, but Grian had to be better in order to survive. So he started training whenever he could, becoming one of the best fighters known to the watchers.

When he finaly escaped that hell he was forced to call life for so, so, so many years, he didn't want to remember it ever again.

He hid away his wings, he used illusion spells to make his eyes look normal, he stoped using mpst of his magic.

He also stopped using Redstone, he couldn't stand it. It only reminded him of the death traps he had to build in the past. He also hated fighting, he couldn't stop his instincts from kicking in and he despised it.

On the hermitcraft server, no one knew about Grian's past. He was just there when they arrived on the server, and if they ever asked about his past je would just lie and say he had a normal life with his family.

Oh how he wished it could be true.

-time skip-

Grian loved flying around in the morning, the fresh breeze on his face never failed to wash away the memories of the nightmares he had.

As he passed Mumbos base, Grian noticed something. One of Mumbos Redstone contraptions stopped working. It looked like it was damaged by a mob or something.

Grian landed next to the farm and took a quick look around.

"Mumbo is probably still asleep, I could fix this for him..."

Grian didn't waste much time, surely if he was quick about this no one would see him.

He quickly borrowed some redstone from Mumbos storage and got to work. It was a simple enough fix, some redstone dust and a repeater just needed replacing.

What Grian didn't know was that Mumbo had already woken up and had seen Grian at the Redstone.

After Grian was done he quickly took of and headed into the direction of the shopping district.

Mumbo took a look at his farm, expecting the Redstone to be messed up, but it was actualy done correctly.

"Did he even touch it?... maybe he just looked at it or something.", Mumbo mumbled to himself and shrugged it of.

-another time skip-

Grian was checking up on Sahara, when he noticed that the ordering system was messed up. Neither Mumbo or Iskall seemed to be around to fix it, so he took it upon himself.

As he was working away, Mumbo walked in. He was about to check on the Redstone himself, when he saw the blond man messing with it.

"Grian, didn't Iskall and I tell you not to touch the Redstone?"

Grian turned around panic in his eyes as he tried to put a small smile on his face. "Uhm, yeah... sorry 'bout that..."

"It's alright I suppose, just don't.. do it... again???" As Mumbo was talking he walked up to Grian and took a closer look at the Redstone. He started to trail of when he saw that the Redstone had actualy not only been fixed, but improved!

"H-How did you do that?!", that taller male asked looking at Grian in disbelief.

Grian on the other hand just looked at the ground not knowing how to answer.

"uuuuhm, lucky guess????", Grian tried to cover up, but his voice gave away how insecure he was about that answer.

"Grian, that is defiantly more than a 'lucky guess'. Come on, just tell me the truth, you know you can trust me."

Mumbo put a hand on Grian's shoulder. The blond looking up at the raven haired man.

"You wouldn't believe me."

"After seeing this, I would probably believe anything", Mumbo responded as a small chuckle escaped his lips.

Grian told Mumbo about his past, or well part of it. He left out the fact that the people forcing him were watchers and that G was one himself.

"That's... terrible.", Mumbos eyes were filled with pity for his short friend, "But you can't let that stop you from doing what your good at! I mean just look at this! It's incredible!"

A small blush made its way onto Grians face as Mumbo was talking. "I suppose your right. I was acting silly, wasn't I?"

"Yeah, you were being a pretty big spoon.", Mumbo couldn't help but laugh.

"Hey! Don't get things messed up here! You're still the biggest spoon on the server!"

The two boys began to laugh and joke around with each other.

Grian now had one thing less to be afraid about.

--♡--

This one shot was requested by WinterIcedTea !

I hope you enjoyed! I'll be doing Winter's other request next!

Don't forget that any of you guys can request a one shot whenever you want!

Bye, bye for now my little bees~