Abandoned

"Seriously?! All of this for nothing?"

Grian still couldn't believe that the hole area 77 thing was just a big money making sceme. They took his time machine and he spent weeks trying to get it back. Opening up a hippie commune with RenBob and Impulse, Digging ridiculously long tunnels and paying stacks of diamonds in an attempt to get information. And for what?

An amusement Park?

A ride with some weird portal and a bunch of glitches and bugs?

"This is stupid..."

Grian was packing up his things, trying his best to get rid of all the shulker boxes that were scattered around the area.

But something bothered him, Doc said that the portal could take someone where ever they wish to be, could He...?

"I suppose I could try..."

- time skip -

Grian slowly approached the diamond portal, the blue gems glistening in the bright light of the sun. A low humming noise could be heard from the portal, giving it an even more magical feel. Doc, would probably try to find some scientific explanation, but Grian knew that portals like these could only be explained by magic.

As he walked closer, the humming got louder. It almost felt like it was calling out to him, calling his name. Grians desire to go through the portal grew stronger, as did the hope to see his old friends again.

He was forced to leave them, dragged out of their world and placed in this new one with no way of getting back. But now there was a way... a way for him to go... home...

Sure, he liked living with the other hermits, it was fun!

But they could never replace the family he had found in Evo. Taurtis was like a brother to him, they had gone through so many terrible things together. Netty was like a mother to him, she would always comfort him when he was sad and she made the most amazing cookies the world had ever seen. And Pearl, she was like a little sister, even though she managed to surpass him in so many things...

All those fond memories made Grian want to go through the portal even more.

Getting closer with every little step he took, until he was finally submerged in the purple swirls of the portal.

- time skip -

Grian woke up on the ground, face first lying in cold grass that still had morning dew on it.

He stood up slowly, rubbing some of the water droplets out of his face.

When he finaly managed to stand up, he looked around.

To the left...

To the right...

But no-one was in sight.

The world that he remembered as loud and alive was empty. Not a single laugh or shout could be heared, even the animals seemed more quite than usual. It was unnerving.

He started to wander around. Maybe he was just in an uninhabited part of the server? Maybe the others were in the small town around spawn.

He wandered for what felt like an eternity, not once seeing any of his old friends.

Grian came across the old railway he had built, though it was destroyed and run down, like no-one had used it in a long time...

He followed the remains of the rails all the way back to the train station at spawn.

He expected to find Taurtis along the way, seeing as he lived close to the rail way, but the black haired male was no where to be found.

Arriving at spawn, he noticed how little had changed about it. Had the others not created any new buildings while he was gone?