the newbie

Grian had just arrived on the hermitcraft sever and even tho the others didn't know him, they still took him in with open arms.

Tho, they did have to admit that it was a little weired that there were so many things he didn't know.

He didn't even know what an elytra was and when he first saw Doc flying around with one he freaked out!

You see, Grian was from the Evo server, a server that was extreamly far behind on updates. So seeing all these new blocks and items overwhelmed Gri a bit.

The other hermits, or Mumbo to be more specific, offered to help Grian learn about all the new things.

-kind of a time skip-

"So now all you need to do is jump into the air and activate the rocket. Don't worry if it doesn't work on your first try, even pros need a couple of attempts befor they take of."

Mumbo was in the middle of teaching Grian about new items, when he decided to teach him how to use an elytra. It would make travelling around the server alot easier for Grian.

"Ok...", Grian seemed a bit scared by the idea of lighting up a rocket in his hand. Who wouldn't be?

Mumbo could see G staring at the rocket in his hands with a concerned look in his eyes.

"Don't worry it won't explode, it will only give you a small boost to help you take off.", Mumbo gave Grian a sympathetic look, still remembering the first time he used an elytra. Those exact memories were also the reason for the healing potions Mumbo was hiding in his inventory.

Grian took a deep breath and turned towards the water, if he was going to fall, he would land in there and be safe.

Taking one last step towards the edge, he jumped into the air and quickly activated the rocket.

And there he was, flying through the air on his very first attempt. Gri flew a few circles above Mumbo, who was watching in awe at the natural talent his little friend seemed to have.

Grian slowly glided down, landing next to Mumbo and stumbling a few steps.

"That was amazing! Your a natural at this!!", Mumbos voice was filled with excitement.

The only person more excited than Mumbo was Grian tho. He had a big goofy smile on his face and was giggling like a little kid. "That was so much fun!"

"Wanna fly around the server, I'll show you more of the new stuff while we're out!", Mumbo offered sharing a smile just as big as Grians.

"Sure, let's go!"

--♡--

440 words :V

a bit short but I hope it's okay!

This was requested by WinterIcedTea !

Bye, bye for now my little bees~