Taste (Aziraphale/Reader HC)

Request: Aziraphale and S/O who loves cooking/eating but lost/is losing their sense of taste maybe? Odd req, sorry

--

If Aziraphale can't miracle your taste back, he'll focus on foods that the taste isn't the highlight.

He'll find foods that have interesting textures, smells, appearances, or other effects that are found in things like pop rocks.

He'll find things on the Internet that makes foods look like flowers and show them to you. He'll work on making them with you. Like those gelatin flower desserts? Those are some of his favorites.

If you want, he'll describe the taste of different foods to the best of his ability. Whenever he does, it's poetic and beautiful. You don't have a bookshop and live for thousands of years without having a way with words after all.

If you still have a bit of taste, he'll try to give you as many different types of food as possible. That way you can experience them while it lasts. He'll take you to the far reaches of the world, even.

If you want to still cook, but not necessarily eat your creations, he'll happily eat them and tell you how wonderful it turned out.

If you need someone to take a taste test, he'll tell you what spices could be added to enhance certain flavors of it until it's perfect.

If you ever feel sad about losing your taste, he'll focus on other amazing things in this world, music, dancing, books, artwork, etc.