Spell

My Idea/Inspired from Black Clover:

(In this world, magic, wizards, witches, etc. exist)

People at the age of 18, have to perform a certain ritual. In which they will gather at the city hall, and perform a traditional spell that indicates who your soulmate is.

Note: I left certain plot holes and missing gaps in this AU, since I wanted to leave room for some creative writing of your own! I just put the general idea of the AU to get some of you possibly inspired. You decide what that spell is, how it's performed, how you know who the soulmate is, etc.
Get creative! ;)

Details:

All people are born with magic. Each magic type is unique to the person (similar to MHA quirks)

When people who turn 18 are led to the city hall for the 'Annual Soulmate Ceremony' they are to summon their magic so that it is visible; just after activating a 'soulmate finder' spell which will help in guiding you to the person you are to marry.

After you summon your magic, a red light will trail after the person you are destined to be with.

Prompts/More Ideas:

This soulmate finder spell could be a fraud/'set up' made by this world's government/ruler, in order to get others to marry certain people for the sake of breeding the 'perfect' generation of powerful mages. The reason as to why, could be that in this world there is war between countries or kingdoms and the ruler/the government of this world wants powerful warriors in order to win the war for their gain.

So, in this world, the concept of 'soulmates' is actually non-existent. Your main character could find this out, after having to marry someone who he/she wasn't in love with, and had to give up their true love.

This prompt can go many ways. Obviously when writing, I suggest a writing a plot twist of how your main character and other characters could stop or win the war while 'defeating' their lying government, in order to gain freedom/rights to who they should marry. (Cause not everyone would want to marry the person that the red light trails to)

Yet again, options vary. This prompt mainly leans on to fantasy, action, and adventure, with a slice of romance.