Unique Song

At birth, people are assigned with an original song or melody in their head that only them and
their soulmate know.

Idea I've thought of for this AU:

Someone has written their 'soulmate song' and produced it publicly as a music video, in hopes that it would reach their soulmate so that they could find each other. The music video became a hit and popularity rose. Reporters from all over, interviewed this new rising star and asked him/her if the song was their soulmate song. To their reply, they said yes. Many fans from all over the world soon claim to have the exact same soulmate song as the one in the MV.
They are then left with many people claiming to be his/her soulmate. One particular fan however, seems believable when they say that they are the true soulmate.

From here on in the prompt, options may vary depending on your plot in mind:

For example, this one particular fan could be a fraud and is only lying because the main character is good looking/popular/rich, and have taken advantage of his/her song to their benefit.

Another example would be that the true soulmate has already heard this song, but instead of confessing that they are the true soulmate, they realize that there is no way the main character would believe them after so many people have lied about it.

Or maybe the main character didn't include the full version of the soulmate song in the MV (knowing that there could only be one person in the world who knows the full tune/song) and is waiting for the day the true soulmate 'finishes' the rest of the tune.