Powers

AU by TehAwesomeGod ⬆️

In this world, people are able to acquire a unique power when they turn a certain age. You and your soulmate should have the exact same one.

Scenarios:

- A mage is unable to manifest their power, but when a criminal attacks them, they suddenly get a burst of adrenaline and shoot out blue fire (or whatever magic you want them to have) They are then left in shock, realizing that the criminal has the same power.

- In magic school, the main character learns that they share a power with more than one person.

- Two soulmates after a bad breakup are left angered and saddened to be reminded of their soulmate whenever they use their powers. One continued to use their powers for good. (Ex. Using water powers to aid the wounded, etc.)
While the other, began to use their powers for bad things in retaliation; knowing that it would hurt the other soulmate's feelings by using both their power for evil.
(Ex. Putting the water temperature up to boil as a way to injure others)

- In this world, there is a famous legend where every few centuries, there is a person able to manifest a variety of powers, and can be able to learn new ones if wanted. They can even copy superpowers just by looking at them. They call this person 'The Soulmate Stealer'
In the legend, it is believed that this person is meant to be born this way as punishment for a terrible deed they have done in their past life. Which is why they are born without a soulmate in the first place. Century after century, whenever someone gives birth to a new soulmate stealer, it is tradition to kill the child right away. The main character (the sm stealer) has spent their days hiding their power and only using one for show as a way to trick people into believing that they only have one power. But what happens when the current soulmate stealer suddenly meets someone special who is born with the same abilities they have? (Or someone born without any powers?)