Audition Liar

Mara's P.O.V.

I walked out of the auditorium. I couldn't do it, I couldn't audition. I was way too hurt from the whole Ashton and Gwen thing that happened the other day. What was I supposed to do when I couldn't have something I wanted?

But then I saw him.

He was wandering around the back stage. I guess he wasn't used to being back stage, because he was looking around at everything. He finally saw me and walked over to me.

"Hey you," he smiled warmly.

"Hi," I said quietly.

He looked at the curtains then back to me. "Are you going to audition?" He asked me quietly. I shrugged. "You should."

"Where the hell have you been the past few days?" I asked him, getting a little annoyed.

"What?"

"You haven't answered any of my texts and you ignore me in the hallways. Hell, I even tried to call you last night!" I was so annoyed, I didn't even care anymore. "Where the hell have you been? Answer me."

Ashton opened his mouth to speak, but before he could, someone came up behind me.

"Wow, that was amazing!" The director said. "Call me Jim."

I was shocked, but I shook Jim's hand anyway. He looked over at Ashton and shook his hand also.

"I think you two did a fabulous job! That was your audition, right?"

"Well, not re-"

"Yes, yes it was," Ashton said quickly. "It was quite amazing, wasn't it?"

Jim nodded in approval. "It was fabulous! You both got the part!"

I looked up at Ashton and didn't know what to say. Why was he lying to Jim?

Ashton turned to me when Jim left. "He said he'd-"

I ran off, I wanted nothing to do with Ashton. He was liar to not only me, but Jim also. I hated him. I didn't think I'd ever say that, but I did.

I ran into an empty classroom and hid behind the teacher's desk. I started to cry, I couldn't help it. Now I had to be stuck in the school play with him.

I looked up when I heard footsteps from outside the classroom. I quickly ducked behind the desk again when I saw him wandering outside of the hallway.

"Mara?" He called out. "Mara?"

I hid behind the teacher's desk because I wanted no part in whatever he wanted.

I hated him so much. How could he lie to me like that? How could he lie to Jim? Nothing was right, and I didn't like anything about the situation.

Right now, I wish I never met him.