Maneater

Ashton's P.O.V.

I walked onto the stage and took a deep breath. I looked around for my Juliet, but I couldn't find her. I looked around the party scene, and still couldn't find her. But then someone came into my view.

But it wasn't Mara.

"Romeo!" Gwen shouted as she ran up to me.

I didn't know what to say. She was so fucking ridiculous, I couldn't believe it. I looked out at the audience and then back to her.

"Uh.. hi, Juliet.." I said quietly. I completely forgot the actual lines, but at this point, I didn't give a shit. "You look.. different.."

Gwen giggled and took my hand. "Come on, let's go away from this stupid party."

Guess I wasn't the only one who was going off script..

The curtains started to close. I could see confused looks on people's faces as they wondered what the hell was going on and why we weren't going by our scripts.

I looked down at Gwen with an annoyed look on my face. "Where is Mara?" I said in a low voice. "Tell me where she is."

The curtains opened as Gwen began to speak. "Your precious little Juliet isn't here," she snickered. "I'm your replacement." She leaned in closer to me as the overhead lights came on. "Kiss me, Romeo."

I immediately pulled away, letting her fall face first onto the ground. "No! I'm going to find my real Juliet!" I stomped off stage and ran out the doors before she could catch up to me. There was no way in hell I would kiss that maneater.