Hopes

Mara's P.O.V.

Today was finally the day! I'd get to be Juliet on stage, and Ashton.. well, he'd be Romeo. I couldn't wait until I got to the school, I was so pumped for this.

I spent the hour brushing my hair through so it fell perfectly onto my shoulders. I tied it up into a ponytail before I left. I had a grey sweatshirt on with grey sweatpants on and my black sneakers on. All the clothes for the play were at the school in my gym locker.

I grabbed my mom's hand as we ran out of the house.

"Whoa there, slow down!" Mom laughed as she took her keys out of her purse.

I couldn't slow down even if I tried to. I wanted to be there, I wanted to be with Ashton. I thought that maybe this could be our way to make up.

I hopped into the car and quickly fastened myself into the seat. Mom got in a minute later and started the car.

"Drive!" Mom looked over at me with stern eyes. I rolled my eyes and smiled politely. "Please" She nodded in approval and drove off to the school.

My biggest hope in tonight's show was that Ashton and I could make up. I hope he would forgive me for yelling at him the other day, and I would forgive him for being with that chick.

Most of all, I hoped we could just go back to the way it was.