Chapter 3

It didn't take me long to get to White Rock, and to my luck Kiyiya wasn't there. More time to search for her. I left my letter with Kiyiya's first command Beta and left, it was still awkward giving commands or acting like an Alpha to other packs. Traditionally an Alpha's son takes over if one, the Alpha dies, or two, they can take over at eighteen. But since my father is no longer able to change I have taken over the Alpha spot at just barely sixteen, though to any normal person I'd look eighteen maybe ever twenty because all werewolves grow fast and stop growing by sixteen.  I walked back down the large Pack house porch and went on my way. I had absolutely no leads to help find my mate and it was frustrating. I thought back to the last thing Suki said, they were stopping at someone names Elan's house. That had to be someone in this pack, but I didn't know anyone except Kaleb.  I stopped and turned toward the Pack House, I could just ask someone. Suddenly the wind blew and I smelt mint and lemons. Her scent. I turned toward the scent but found no source, I walked toward it until it was gone.  Was this my mind playing tricks on me? I wish I could have heard her talk before she left, fate had given me one chance and I blew it! Sighing I jog back to the trail, across the sand infront of the bait and tackle and to Garnet-Oaks.

The next afternoon was a repeat of the previous day. Yelling, fighting, papers stacked on my desk.  I tried to ignore the yelling but that wasn't working.

"I can't help any of you!" I yelled, placing my hands over my face.  Everyone was quiet then,  Ariana burst in.

"Leave the boy alone! He can't help you when you act like this! Out!" She practically pushed them all out of the room. She was holding a tray with a sandwich on it, she set it down on one of the small bookcases to my left.

"Thanks." I sigh. "I'm trying as hard as I can but..." She cut me of with a wave of her hand.

"Nope. Nah uh, don't tell me that! You work harder! I didn't come in here to help you."

"Then what..." She shoved the sandwich in my mouth. It was turkey, lettuce, cheese- 

"Being an Alpha isn't just paperwork." she said moving her hands around. "It's being a leader. I've know you since you were a baby, I remember you changing as only a pup before anyone else, and I know" she stopped looking me up and down. "that you were born for this. So whatever is distracting you, you should clear it up or someones gonna kill you and become the new Alpha." She made a sound like she disaproved. "And I don't want that to happen." she smiled.

"Thanks Ari-" she cut me off again. 

"Go find your mate son, I over heard you talking to your dad a while ago, but you better find her fast because I was serious about someone killin' you." She stood and exited before I could thank her again.

 Short chapter I know but there wasn't much to add after the speech Ariana gave Neal, so forgive me. :)