Chapter 2

It's been Two months, three weeks and one day and those deep brown eyes just scarred me. They were pierced into my brain and stayed there.  But I couldn't look for her with all these people yelling at me. I look around the room. Brady was yelling at Kevin and Paul to shut up, Ariana was trying to convince my to start a fundraiser for cleaning up The Garnet-Oaks Reservation where we live, Awan was telling me how he wanted to build a new deck, and everyone was talking at once.

"Stop!" I yell "I can't help you when I can't understand a damn thing you're saying! All of you give me a break and come back tommorow!" They all obediently walk out but I could still here them mumble smart remarks like "Being Alpha isn't so easy huh? you just started."  and "I can't believe I have to listen to a whiny sixteen year old!' after that I blocked them out.  I looked at my desk, papers were stacked, pens scattered, and I was the one who was in charge of it all. I'd only started being on offical Alpha three weeks ago and my father trained me for two months before that. I stared at the paper infront of me. It was a letter from Kiyiya the Alpha of the White Rock pack. It was a letter about a peace treaty between our tribes, I had proposed the idea only a week ago and in this letter he had agreed and invited me and my most loyal betas for dinner. I took out a piece of freshly printed card stock, a present from my birthday that had my name, pack name, and contact information. To me it was really business like and I was only using them because they were from my father. I selected one of my best black pens and began to scribble a note:

Kiyiya, I am happy to take up your offer. Whenever is best for you, we will arrive with intentions of peace and loyalty to your pack if you are to ours. I do however agree to your point of certain betas and omegas beings reckless and "dimwitted" and I assure you they will be taken care of and punished for their stupidity if necessary. In regards to the missing out house, none of my pack members are responsible for that and I hope you find the people responsible as soon as possible.  -Neal Garnett of the Garnet-Oaks Reservation.

I started to call for a beta to carry out on letter, but I stopped. I'll deliver it myself. I need time to think, clear my mind a bit, take a relaxing walk. I got up from my dress pulled up my boots, and threw on a jacket. It wasn't particually that cold out side, and plus I'm werewolf, we don't really get cold, and it hadn't snowed in two years so there was no need in a heavy coat. I told Brady, who was now my first in command beta he was in charge if anything happened and that I wouldn't be long.  As soon as I was out the door I started to jog towards White rock, it wasn't that far and calling a taxi was useless when you could just run there. My pack relied heavily on the fact that we were almost all werewolves. Our top three chief elders were like guides and whatever they say goes, even the Alpha has to listen to them. Therefore everyone was superstitious and almost no one drove cars. I started on my way through a trail that went towards the beach. I tried to clear my head. No matter how much I tried these past months I couldn't stop thinking about my mate. Back in October when I went to make amends with Kaleb someone else was running the bait and tackle. She said that she was Kaleb's sister Suki, and that Kaleb had some family issues that didn't include her so she was running the shop for now.  I hadn't gone by since November but it wouldn't hurt to stop by right? 

Soon enough I was running on sand through a thin row of trees. I stopped. My heart was pounding, no it was more like it was an ache. My knees buckled and I squatted in the shade of trees.  It almost felt like I was over heated so I jerked my arms out of my jacket sleeves and threw my jacket in the sand. But that wasn't it, it was more like a force pulling me towards something, but it was so strong it hurt. Then I heard it and I realised it that second it wasn't just a dream I had dreamt so long ago and over and over since then. It was a vision. Here she was standing in front of me, she's beautiful. Just like the dream her brown hair was down to her ribs, her eyes huge and chocolaty, she was even wearing that dark navy dress that I'd seen her in so many times, but I could now see the thick white ribbed tights that went well with her outfit. There was that daisy chain around her head and she was running away. Being chased by Kaleb. I could smell her scent for miles. Mint and and Lemons. The scent sounded weird but it smelt so good. She looked glowing, her smile was large and natural, Kaleb caught her and hugged her from behind about to pick her up and swing her around. "Ahh!"she squealed "It's nice to see you again, I havent seen you guys in forever" she told him.

"Hey!" I yelled a little too harsh, not meaning to be. Kaleb released his grip of her and took a couple steps toward me. 

"What do you want Garnett? You're not my..." he looked at the girl. "Could you tell Suki to help get your bags in her car? She will be driving you to my house."  the girl nodded and disappeared inside.

"You lied to me!" I say throwing my jacket at him.

"I say a lot of things to a lot of people. I also lie to a lot of people. But I can assure you, in the one convesation we've had, I've had no reason to lie to you." He threw the jacket back and crossed his arms. "Why are you here anyway?" 

"I was on my way to see you're Alpha." I smirked. Even though he was a few years older I was way taller, I'd gotten it from my father. I stood as tall as I could and did what I'd been waiting months to.  "I wanted to make amends with you in October but you left, where'd you go?"

"That would be absolutely none of your business." he looked amused. 

"Forget it." I was so mad at Kaleb I couldn't stand it. His mere presence annoyed me. It might have been jealously even but I had to catch up with my mate. I had to at least hear her voice again. But it was too late I could hear the car drive of and the static annoyance of a radio. But heard Suki one last time. "We have to take a pit stop at Elan's house."

Damn It!  I kept running, and realised it was stupid to chase a car. I needed to get my letter to Kiyiya and then I'd make it my mission to find her.