Chapter 6

"I don't think is a good idea." she turned back to the bait and tackle, but I turned her back towards me. 

"It'll be fine, everything will make sense I promise." I felt like I'd known her for years but I can imagine she was kind of freaked out.  I took off my shirt and kicked off my boots, forgetting she wasn't familar with shifting.

"Okay.." she turned her head to me, then backed up. "What are you doing?" her eyes got wide and she covered her face. I moved her hands away.

"Sorry I forgot you didn't know." I left my shirt and boots in the sand. "You know what I'll just get some clothes out of the shed." she looked confused again. "Okay don't freak out okay? I swear to the spirit guardians and god that everything with make since when we get there, alright?" she nodded, I cracked my neck, and rolled my shoulders. "Promise?" I looked away from her feeling awkward.

"I-"  I felt the back bending ache of shifting but the shift it self takes place in seconds.  I could feel the black fur on my back and the weight of myself was different, wolf different. I sat and looked at her. She screamed.

You gonna just walk or get on my back? I thought to myself.

"How'd you do that?"  she put a hand to her temple.

The shifting? I just told her I'd make sense later. I thought.

"No smart ass! Well that too but you're in my head!" She pointed to her forehead.

You're my mate! I told you! We have a special connection, we can even cut it off so the rest of the pack can't hear. I laid down, still looking her in the eyes.

"What exactly is that? A mate I mean."

We're soulmates, and when we get married you'll be a Luna, Luna. I tried my best to smile as a wolf, but it might have looked like a snarl.

"We just met half an hour ago and you are talking about getting married, that doesn't freak me out at all!" her hands slapped to her thighs.

For one we're mates, it's kind of assumed. Two werewolves tend to marry young. Three: you know you don't have to talk aloud right? I stood back up on all fours.

"You mean I'm a werewolf? Sorry, um" she closed her eyes and made a face like she was concentrating.

You look constipated.  I laughed but of course being a wolf it sounded like a howl. 

"Shut up!" Now she had one eye open and looked extremely constipated. 

All you have to do is think it to me. 

"How do I do that?"

Just think it, but direct it towards me, and by the way get on my back so we can start heading to my reservation, I can talk and run you know. She slowly put a leg over my back and laid down while wrapping her arms around my neck.

You know this is weird, right? I don't know why I'm trusting you. I grinned to myself

I think your whole life changed when we finaly met. I tell her.

I think my life,  flashed before my eyes when I saw you change into a wolf.  She laughed aloud.

The answer to the other question is you probably just haven't shifted yet. Some people shift late, some early like me. I explain I have really strong genes so I changed when I was nine. But the thing is in our community most kids grew up not knowing about werewolves until they changed, but I knew because my father was and Alpha and I was an only child. I basically grew up in secret, but when everyone started to change as a teenager it got pretty fun. 

I was wrong this is extremely weird.  her grip on me tightened.

In less than twenty minutes we arrived at the boarder of Garnet creek.  Luna climbed off my back and stood waiting for me to shift. 

"So this is the shed? 

Yeah, will you open the door? I asked.

"Yeah." she opened the wooden door and I walked inside. It was just barely big enough for the both of us. A wolf and a human. "Wow, you guys stocked it full." she gasped.

They restock it every month, my dad thought of this system when he became an Alpha. We have sheds at every entrance now. Can you turn the light on? she did and closed the door, locking it with the hook and eye. 

"I'm just gonna-" I nodded and she turned and stared at the door.  My arms stretched, then my legs. The ever so friendly popping feeling and pain rushing through me. My leg buckled under me and I fell, Luna turned to me.

 "Are you okay?" she ran up to me, helping me up. She grabbed a shirt off the shelf and handed it to me. "Here." I could sense my eyes flash from wolf to normal again. She must've helped on instinct or from mour connection because as soon as my eyes went normal she'd realized what she'd done and her face got red. She smiled and turned away. I quickly put on a pair of shorts and flip flops then told her to follow me.

We sneaked around the huge Pack house, I looked over at her.  "Hold on." We stayed on the side of the house watching the door.

Brady! Come outside a minute. Seconds later Brady walked onto the porch and looked around.  We stepped out from our hiding place.

"You found her!" Luna looked to me as if to say 'you were looking for me?'  

"Yeah look where is everyone? I need to get in and change but I don't want anyone to see her and bombard her with questions." I explain to him.

"They are all in their rooms or went home, its Restful Saturday remember?" 

"Okay, Luna follow me." we start up the steps.

"Luna?" she looked up to Brady but he was obviously questioning me.

"Crazy right?" 

"Uh huh." he walked back inside with us. "Uh bye." he waved and started towards his room. I gestured for Luna to follow me up the stairs.

"All the way to the top." 

"Beat yah!" she said zig  zagging her way up the stairs. I set off after her.

We got to the top and I showed her to my room. "The pack house is full of apartments, per say." I explain "Mine is just bigger. It has a full kitchen, living room, two rooms, two bathrooms, one shower. Pretty nice upgrade, since a month ago i was in the room across the hall."  On our way to Garnet Oaks I had explained the dreams hoping not to sound crazy, and told her about my dad getting hurt. I walked to my room and she followed me like a lost puppy, I didn't mind though. She looked around examining my room. 

"It's a really nice place." she said.

After I was dressed, I showed her the second room. "This could be yours. " I said "You could do whatever, and change whatever you want." She looked suprised and freaked out, but happy. 

"You know I'm gonna have to get used to all this, you know." She turned to me. "So, now what?"

"We go to the Elders."