Chapter 19

She woke with a firing white hot pain shooting down her arm. She screamed. Her vision was bright, all colors inverted, she could hear the softest sounds, and could smell, everything. Her scream was louder.

"Shh it's alright." A soft voice said, it was a woman. Luna clenched her teeth together and closed her eyes tight. When she opened them her vision was no longer in wolf mode it was pure human and clear. A woman moved into her view. Luna was half leaning against the wall she had a different dress on, a poorly made or just worn out thin black dress. Really it looked like a long t-shirt, it was loose and baggy, a night gown maybe? Yes she was sure of it. 

"Hey!" the woman waved in front of her, Luna's eyes fluttered, she was light headed and felt she could sleep forever. "No! Stay awake, we don't need you blacking out and attacking everyone. Well, me." Luna turned her head just a tiny bit. The room they were in was small and plain. The walls were gray there were no windows and there was a single light and fan on the ceiling. We must be in someones house, she thought. Then in a moment of pure adrenaline she jumped up and started kicking and punching every wall. 

"Help me! I've been kidnapped! Help! Please, help me!" She screamed and pleaded before the woman pulled her down to the floor to sit. Luna still kicked and screamed like a toddler. "Help!" her voice was barely a croak and her mouth tasted rusty, and salty. Blood. She put her hand too her mouth where dry blood stained her lips. She noticed her curls had a dried blood on the ends and they were now stiff. She was rocking back and forth crying. Panicking. 

"I'm so sorry I did this to you." the woman sat holding her legs. "It's all my fault." Luna looked up from leaning against the wall.

"What are you talking about? I don't even know you." her voice was barely a whisper, she choked out the words as best as she could. 

"But I know you." her smile was pained. "I was always there, you didn't know it but I was." 

"You're sounding like a stalker, right now I suggest you stop." Luna was skeptical but she listened.

"I don't know why Alieen and expecially Mika didn't tell you anything about me." Luna leaned in interested.

"I'm Celeste" She held out her hand, Luna shook it. 

Celeste was her sister, three years older, she'd told her. She had just turned nineteen but she look a lot older than she was. While Luna's hair was curly Celeste's was straight and was darker. They were both Elementist's like their father, Branton and skin-walkers like their mother, Astra.  She had lived with their grandmother who had recently passed, she wasn't sure why they didn't grow up together but while Luna knew nothing of her birth family Celeste knew it all. She had been found by Colton, and been changed by him as well. Celeste had been in that room for a couple weeks. One major difference between them she found out was Celeste had known how to control her Elementist abilities, and knew how even before she was changed. It must've been because she grew up in a pack, while Luna grew up normal. 

"I was going to finally visit you this year but gramma died and then when I was able to visit you Colton had gotten to you parents so it was a bad time." she shrugged.

"What?"

"Look I'm sorry they didn't tell you, you had a sister but I was just trying to be respectful and keep my distance. Let you mourn and all."

"No, Colton killed my parents?"

"I thought you figured it out. He was threating them, he wanted them to give you up. Let his plan move forward." Luna inched closer like a child listening to a story.

"How do you know all of this?"

"I kind of talked to Mika, and I was spying."  

"You were in touch with my dad?" Luna was now beside Celeste. Luna watched as Celeste twinkled her fingers and a bubble of water floated from the cup of water in her hands. She motioned it towards Luna and it popped on her lips. The cold liquid washed the dry blood from her face with the help of a wipe from her dress. 

"Yes, I was arranging sometime to meet up with you. He told me it wasn't a good time because Colton would find out about me too. Turns out he already knew." her arm slowly fell to her side.

"How did you do that?" Celeste looked at her hand confused.

"I have no idea." she laughed. "We're elementist, Luna. Fire, water, air, earth." she lifted Luna's hand palm up. "Just think it and it happens, I mean you had no problem doing it when you were changing." 

"What?"

"Almost burnt Carter to a crisp," she laughed "serves him right." Luna didn't understand why Celeste was so happy, sure they met and all but weren't they going to die soon? But still she wanted to try something. She closed her eyes, flipping her palm as she raised it . A familiar looking purple flower appeared, the tiniest bit lump or dirt falling through her fingers. Luna gasped amused. Celeste smiled.

"Do you know what they're planning?"

"If I did I'd have a plan." both girls turned as the door slammed open, emerging from it was Carter. Luna had some words for him. She got up without thinking and ran. She shoved him against the wall, hand around his throat.  She was thanking all the angels that he was alone otherwise she was sure her stupidity would have gotten her killed. 

"How could you? Neal trusted you! You, you."  Celeste walked up behind them.

"Don't kill him you are better than that." 

"Ow! Okay, okay please don't burn me again." Celeste took his keys and unlocked the door before closing it. 

"Why?"

"He's my brother I have to listen to him." Carter truly wasn't a bad person, he was just being told to be one. Luna squeezed tighter, he anger getting the best of her. Celeste told her to stop. She moved her hands to his shoulders, holding him tight and pushing him so hard against the wall she thought he might go through. He pleaded, his eyes watering.

"You're crushing me." he squirmed.

"Good. Why does he want us?"

"I can't tell you." she pushed harder. "I really can't." he looked afraid. Luna snapped, his sleeve caught fire. He screamed and waved his arm frantically. 

"I'm sorry!" she whisper yelled. 

"Shut up!" Celeste hissed. She threw water on his arm. "You got your warning, answer us."  

"I didn't-"

"He deserved it. Locking us up like animals."

"Look I can't tell you."  Luna was about to smack him but he held up his arms in a sheild. "But! I can try to get a message to Neal and hint at where we are. That's the best I can do."

"Do it and I want to know exactly what it says."