Chapter 5

After I'd gone to the Elders for help, I had decided to make myself a deal. If I got all my work done I'd spend as much time as possible finding my Luna, so that's what I did for the next three days. Paper after paper, endless signatures, letters written, and running to different reservations. I'd gotten all my work done faster than I even thought possible. So far my pack and two others have made alliances, so if a fight broke out with northern clans, our packs would have an advantage, I had also promoted four omegas to betas, and one of my dad's old top omega and his wife's twins shifted. The rest of the paperwork was things like building permission, and fundraisers for different events through our the community. But my main priority was to get more pack teachers. We all are home schooled in our community of Garnet-Oaks reservation, and we stop our schooling at sixteen, or in my case fifteen and a summer of Alpha training. But little did I know, that I would become Alpha just  a couple short months later, and that I really needed a lot more Alpha training than I had gotten. 

I sat up straight in my bed, slapping my alarm off, it was eight in the morning.  The sun was just barely coming through my dark curtains and I could hear clanking in the kitchen four stories downstairs. This meant it was Saturday and everyone was home.  I threw on a shirt and a pair of pants, then sprinted down the stairs. I was greeted by the intense sweet smell of syrup, and I could smell an assortment of meats bacon, sausage, ham,  there was even a hint of potatoes too. There was a swarm of people walking around and talking extremely loud. I hit the last step and everyone froze. Silence, they were waiting for me to do the talking. 

"Um." I looked around for Brady, meeting his eyes when the front door shut and my mother walked in pushing my dad's wheel-chair with one hand and holding two extra large casserol dishes stacked on top of each other, in her other hand. I ran to her. "Let me carry that." I said, she smiled and kissed my cheek. Everyone was silent and motionless, except for my parents. 

"That, is my famous chicken casserol. I thought some of you might be missing it since we left." she sang. Brady came running up to me, grabbing the dishes he said.

"Did you read my mind or something?" he gave my mom a weird side bump hug, and went to put the casserols in the fridge.

"That will be nice for Sunday lunch tommorow huh?" she looked at me, I nodded.

"Why didn't you wait and bring it tommorow?" I asked taking the job of pushing my dads chair. No body had yet move a muscle, but Brady.

"Well we are going out of town remember?" my dad turned his head to me. "It was one of our Christmas presents." I nodded remembering his best friend's gift to him this year. A Cruise trip, with a couple of his buddies.

"Ah, yeah. I do remember now. " he looked at the rest of the pack frozen, waiting for instruction, and lifted his eyebrow.

After I found my parents a seat and Brady sat down, went back to the last step. Leaning over the rail I announced instructions.

"Find a seat, enjoy your restful Saturday!" Saturday was our traditional day of rest, the day you didn't have to do anything, and sunday was our day of peace and faith.

 We all sat down and ate. The pack help brought out tons of food before sitting and enjoying the meal with us, they may be our maids and cooks but everyone was our family in the community and anyone was welcome to Saturday breakfast or Sunday lunch. 

After we all ate I brought Brady aside to talk.

"Did I do something? Am I in trouble?" why does he always assume that? Oh yeah because he's Brady and a troublemaker. 

"No." I shake my head."Look you know I've been looking for my mate right?"

"Yeah."

"Well I finally have a lead and I need to find her." I motion for him to follow me to my office. When we walk in I close the door. "This is personal, okay?" he nods "I don't want to find her. I need to find her, I literally ache to find her." I sigh wiping my hand down my face. "I think Kaleb is with her." I throw myself in my chair.