Chapter 23

I look back to Luna, she had moved back into her burnt circle. 

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Tala said gesturing to the door.

"Why? He'll just use me against you." Luna said weary. I walked slowly towards her, lifting my hand to help her up. "Don't," she said blankly "touch me." I stood stunned as she started shaking. "I'll hurt you. Just go."

"I'm not leaving you here. I came to help you, take up my offer." she looked up with a look of disgust.

"You just don't get it." she spit out. "I did that!" she pointed to my chest. "I did it on purpose and I loved every minute of it." she stood wobbly.

"That wasn't you." my head shook.

"Yes it was, even though I was being controlled by someone else, doesn't mean I wasn't still there." she pushed me out of the circle. "I was and I hate myself for hurting that girl." 

"I thought you didn't remember that!" I said shocked, she built her flames up and I backed away from the heat. 

"Wouldn't you want to black everything out,  if you killed your only sister?" the flames started to reach just above her knees "Oh wait, is this another one of your signs?"  her voice changed to a maddened craze. "Cause if this is a sign," she laughed "it's a fucking messed up one." she had taken things too low, I bit my lip trying not to scream but I was just done with all this.

"You know what?" I paused "You are acting like a brat, you can raise hell all you want, but look at us! " I held out my hands to symbol all of us. "We, we have to just deal with it. Not start burning things when we are furious!" 

"You don't understand!" she yelled back.

"Actually I do! When things get tough Luna gives up!" that was me taking things low. She stopped the flames, I could feel the heat in the floor through my shoes which I hoped wouldn't melt. As I looked her in the eye I felt not only my own guilt but hers as well.

"I don't want to hurt anymore people." her voice was quiet. She sighed and followed us out of the room.

As we walked quietly down to hall, I slightly turned towards her and considered placing my hand on her shoulder. I lifted my arm just a bit.

"I said don't touch me." she said in a barely audible whisper. 

So this is our first fight, huh? I asked

I don't like it, but yes. Just keep your distance. The way her message got through to me was harsh, I sighed.

"Come on!" Tala whispered, waving her hands frantic. We took a left and walked down a half lit hall. It was pretty creepy, but to be fair they never finished it, so it ought to be. We continued down until Tala stopped at a door with a broken lock. I gave her a questioning look. "Luna." she said. We all followed her into the room closing the door behind us. 

"This will only take a second." she said as she grabbed a small backpack from the closet. I started to protest. "You aren't very smart are you? You never seem to understand whats going on." 

"Haha." I smirked.

"This is my room." I nodded with an "Oh."

She packed only a few shirts and a single pair of pants, along with a small notebook. After she was done we quietly left the room and started down a familiar hall. I had come in this way, all we had to do is take another left and go down the stairs. Later we'd come back with a whole pack ready to shred Colton to a pulp.  We each tried to jog, getting closer to the stairs but Luna physically couldn't run. I knew we were all weak and needed to just get home but everything Luna did was annoying me. It's not like I wanted to feel that way and I didn't, but I was frustrated and pained and Luna didn't want me to help her, but I was supposed to even if she didn't want me too, so in all, everything was aggravating me.

We reached the stairs and I flung the door open, the stairway was empty. I waved the girls to follow. 

Thank you, though. Luna said out of the blue.

For what?

For attempting to help me, even if you didn't succeed. I could tell she wanted to giggle. 

So much for my prince charming plan, I was hoping I'd get a kiss but you know how my luck is. I joked, she didn't respond. 

We took slow quiet steps down the stairs so no echos would be heard. It was when we got passed the second floor and started for the first I noticed two guards at the door.

Gaurds? Seriously?

I believe it.  Luna said.

I turned to Tala and made a series of gestures along with mouthing the words "I'll get one, you get the other." Tala mouthed back "Why?" What? What did she mean why? She turned to Luna and she nodded. Luna moved in front of us and marched her way down.

"Hello, boys." Her voice was higher and she pranced like she was a super model. "Mind doing me a favor?" Neither guard hesitated, faster than I anticipated she had each of them in a twisty vine looking hand cuffs. She waved us down, and as I got closer I notice the familiar flowers on the guards cuffs. It was wolf's bane. 

Now that is a special ability! I told her.

One of my favorites, Celeste taught me.  The air got quiet and awkward again. Before I knew it we were running towards the woods.

Soon we were in the clearing that I would forever associate with Luna being captured. We slowed to a stop and I bend over hands on my knees, that wolf's bane did serious damage and we had only gotten it on our skin and breathed in the poisonous flower's scent.

"Does anyone else" I breathed "have the feeling that, that was too easy?" I ask.

"He's right, they are probably on our trail." Tala said, we all sighed from being tired but continued.