Chapter 20

"It doesn't actually matter what the note says." Carter said stubbornly.

"The hell it doesn't!" Luna balled her fists tight, something she was learning to turn to instead of her abilities. Celesta, Luna and Carter stood in the dingy room. The note he agreed to send to Neal wasn't what Luna wanted. 

"You should look into your girlfriends past, there's more to it than you think? How is that supposed to help him?"

"I thought if the plan didn't go accordingly it would lead him to finding out about Celeste." he shrugged. 

"Seems like you trying to be too much of a wanna-be crime show serial killer." There was fire in Luna's eyes, his strategy was testing her.

"It won't matter because he'll catch my scent and follow me. I swear you act as if you know nothing about werewolves."

"I don't really." Carter pulled up his hood and stuffed the note into his pocket. He turned to leave. "You're not getting them back." Luna said clutching the door's keys tight in her hand. "Trust me we won't leave, we can't risk running into Colton." He sighed and left closing the door gently. Luna knew he was trying to help, but he still wasn't on her good side. Not yet.

"We aren't really just going to sit in an unlocked room are we?" Celeste asked.

"What do you think?" Luna smirked. The girls waited until they no longer heard footsteps, then peaked out the door. The coast was clear.  The hallway looked made Luna think they were in some kind of hotel or very large building.  The floor was carpeted, the walls were clean, no pictures to display. They were walking slowly down the hall. Celeste stopped.

"What?"

"Don't you hear?" Luna focused, she heard quiet talking. People were near. Her new hearing was still strange and her eyes could see the tiniest details, she wasn't used to it. Footsteps neared. Luna turned to the closest door and turned the knob. Locked. She twisted more, until the door's knobs lock broke. It was a risk but they were pretty sure they had more of a risk of that people in the hall were gaurds or something and would recognise them immediatly. Luna pushed the door open and the girls rushed inside. shutting the no longer lockable door behind them. 

"Excuse me?" A frightened yet annoyed voice called. Luna turned at the familar voice. She's recognise that light brown skin, dark hair and those bright gray eyes anywhere. 

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"What do you mean what am I doing here, what the hell are you doing here?" 

"Who is she?" Celeste asked. They answered at the same time.

"She's"

"I'm"

"Tala" they finished. Tala and Luna were confused with each other.

"My best friend from where I used to live." Luna explained. The room was set up just like a hotels. Flat screen, queen bed, large painting hanging on the wall, bathroom to the side. It was like the place Luna had been in was an unfinished room, that would explain the bare toilet and sink. 

"Who is she?" Tala pointed to Celeste.

"My sister, long story for another time. Where are we?"

"Um, Luna you shouldn't be here, there are, um" she paused " You're not safe here."

"Yeah I know we were kidnapped. Wait," Luna sniffed "you're a shifter?" Tala's face brightened in thought.

"Let me guess, you two are the skin-walkers Colton's been going on about. He wouldn't tell anyone who you were, I'm so sorry." Tala explained everything. They were in a hotel that was never finished because the people ran out of money and couldn't afford to finish it completly. Tala wanted nothing more than to help out her best friend, she knew her way around and could get the sisters out.  They walked down the hall hesitantly in the direction towards the room they were locked in. Luna's heart beat fast as they past it's door, the rush of escaping or possibly getting caught was getting to her.

"I just kind of fell into his pack awhile ago." Tala explained her footsteps quiet in the empty hall. Luna looked back at Celeste she now had bright blonde hair, dark lips, and bright blue eyes. Celeste said she didn't want to take chances. Luna thought that skin-walkers reminded her of chameleons, hidning in there ever changing skins. Luna didn't even know skin-walkers could change into different people, just animals but apparently she had a lot to learn. 

"What does he want with us?" 

"That's why I'm getting you out of here." Tala turned to Luna. The sisters had stopped. "What?" she turned back. Colton stood arms folded infront of them, Blue eyes daring them to move. They hadn't even made it to the stairwell before being caught.  Luna flinched as pain shot through her arm at the sight of Colton.

"Celeste, you should know your abilities flicker when you're vulnerable." his smile was wicked. The sisters were frozen in place, Tala was shocked. 

"Please she's my best friend, you can't hurt her." Tala begged. 

"You were fine with it when you didn't know their names."

"Colton please." Luna tried for the last time to mind link Neal, it still wasn't working. He must have thought she was dead. 

◐☾◑

 I was in the clearing again, where I saw Colton take Luna. But this time I was following Carter. He had his hood up, as if that was much of a disguise. He wasn't running but he also wasn't walking. He stopped.

"Don't say a word just follow me. If I get caught I'm dead on the spot and so are you."  Carter had his back to me as he spoke. I jogged up behind him.

"What don't I know about Luna's past?"

"Celeste." was all he said, just one name.

"Who's that?"

"Her sister. She didn't know about her until she woke up."

"She's alive? And changed?" We were almost into a run. We were running in the woods but I could hear cars nearby.

"Yes, but she change even more if we don't hurry." why don't we just shift? I thought. "Do you want to get caught faster?"

"How'd you?"

"Long story."

Within twenty minutes we arrived at the unfinished Magnolia Hotel.  We sneaked in throught the back and up the stairs. But something was wrong. I heard muffled screams coming from somewhere upstairs. I broke into a run.

"What floor?" 

"Three" Carter caught up. The door had a large 'level 3' sign mounted to it. I pushed it open to reveal a hall, bare and blank. It was creepy.  I turned back to Carter he shushed me and pointed down the hall, then ran. I ran too following the screams. Carter stopped at a door towards the end.  He twisted the knob, it was locked. Out of pure addreneline and fury I kicked the door, the lock broke and the door swung open. What I saw pained me. Carter's face was straight and afraid. This was worse than Luna being dead, it was something you couldn't unsee. I'd have nightmares for months. 

"Luna." I cried. Colton stood smirking, two girls were tied up in chairs. Their mouths taped shut creating muffled sounds when they screamed. Neither girl was Luna. She stood with a knife at one of the girls throats, hate in her eyes as she looked up at me. I shook my head. Blood formed where the knifes edge met skin, the girl winced. But Luna never flinched. The knife moved in one sliding motion, her face blank. Then in less than a second her knife dug in and slit the girls throat. Her dark brown eyes faded as her head tilted no lorder being supported. Dark brown hair matted and tangled. Then, Luna actually laughed.

Sorry....... I started watching Supernatural, I'm on season 2 now, update coming soon! I promise. So don't be mad at me :) if I dont updat before Thanksgiving it will definitely be on Saturday!