Chapter 24

Please? I begged Luna.

I can't. She told me, I grab her hand anyway. 

See? she shrugged annoyed, and I swear I caught the tiniest smile hint on her lips. I couldn't help it, we were annoyed with each other, but I however didn't want to fight. We walked into the pack house, I move my hand to her shoulder and held her in a side hug; she was tense. Brady jumped up and ran to us, Tala walked up from behind. My dad wheeled himself up and my mom had obviously taken up being Luna for the day.

"Where have your been? I was so worried!" she hugged Luna and me squishing us together, Luna swallowed hard and broke us apart. My moms eyebrow shot up and everyone watched as Luna marched into my office.

"What happpened?" dad asked, I ignored them as I made my towards my office to Luna. As I pushed the door open, a strong force like wind pushed it back, I heard the lock click into place. It never crossed my mind people were behind me staring as we made a scene.

It's better if I'm away from people.  That fustrated me to the point I started to yell.

"No it's not! Why won't you let me help you?" I hit my fist on the door.

"Because you can't! You don't seem to understand that!" she yelled back, I grab the door knob and it burn my hand. I scream in pain. Tala looked at my hand then started pounding at the door. 

"Please come out!" talking got louder behind us. It wasn't long until I gave up, anyone who asked questions was quickly silented. I needed a plan, we couldn't just attack at random we would surely be slaughtered. Tala was a lot of help, as an ex-pack member she knew Colton's plan, who his best Betas were and how many wolves were at the hotel. Tala was a fighter, one of the reasons she was even at the hotel; he only took his best. So not only was Tala a secret werewolf to Luna but also a kick-ass secret werewolf. Apparently the Canis warriors relocated to the area a year ago- when Colton had his eye on Luna. Tala had found out and wanted in unknowing of her best friends importance in Colton's plans at the time. The only people who knew what the 'special girls' names, were Colton himself, Carter, and recently Tala, but of course Tala was new and could have easily been left out. Tala was raise to be a warrior, her parents had actually let her join the pack because of it's powerful reputation- the one I had been oblivious to.  She could fight and wanted to, she had as much hate toward Colton as I had build up inside me the moment he took and turned Luna, once she had found out Luna was who he was after she wanted nothing more than to take him out fighing. 

I wanted to make a plan as soon as possible but the wolf's bane was getting to me, same with Tala but she was fighting it. 

"No!" she jerked her arms from our pack healers and banged on the door to my office again and again. She was pissed at Luna, apparently she was a lot different when Tala had known her and Tala wasn't giving up. "Let me go! I'm fine!" when she was told the wolf's bane would hurt her if it mixed with an open wound she shouted "Let it kill me then! I don't care!"  I had slumped against the door until Tala started kicking, that was when I moved before her foot connected to my face. The healers had to sedate her and drag her to the infirmary, I however sat on the floor and past out as they took care of my wrists and ankles. Almost everyone from the reservation was in the pack house that every bedroom was filled and lots of people huddled in the living room and dining room. The Canis Warriors weren't playing around, the fires had started after Luna and me left to the beach house and they got more frequent by the time we came back. Before Colton had taken Luna, he had The Warriors burn all of our sheds, and three houses, luckily no one had been hurt like intended but they were wounded, then cared for. But everyone felt safer together so we were all in the pack house.   

◐☾◑

She had waited until the kicking and screaming had stopped before she put the force of wind she was holding the door closed with to a halt, afterwards she rested against the door. She knew she shouldn't hide herself away, but if Colton was still controlling her she wanted to stay locked up in a room so couldn't hurt anyone.  She could still hear very faint commands from Colton 'Do it!' he had yelled in her head to kill Celeste. 'Him too!'  he said as Carter stood still in the doorway. 

Her sleep was awful, her neck hurt resting against the door, where she was pretty sure Neal was sitting on the other side. The bite on her shoulder was still sore and she kept having nightmares. Some were the same repeats that she knew were dreams, but they kept getting even more vivid.  Some where couldn't tell what was really and not real, but somehow she was consious of the fact Neal was expirencing the same dream even though she never saw him. 

She laughed as Celeste's head fell back as her neck was unable to support it any longer, the knife she held left her hand in one swift second slamming into Carter's chest. "This isn't me!" she screamed inside. She was consious of everything she was doing but couldn't move her own body parts. She hated that feeling of not being able to move, one of the many reasons she was claustraphobic, and that was exactly how she felt trapped in her own body. "I'm a monster!" she thought over and over "How could I do these things?"  It was like looking through glasses or a camera screen, she saw and felt everything that happened but couldn't will it to stop. She never stopped trying to take back over. Over and over again she was forced to slit her sister's throat, her one and only sister. The one she had barely known for a day, she had taught Luna how to use her powers, Just think it and it happens. Celeste had told her. The knife slowly punctured Celeste's throat yet again, blood dripped slowly at first then gushed as she swiftly cut across.  She glanced into Celeste's watery dead eyes, her face set in stone now.

She woke after only an hour or two of sleep, breathing heavy she was terrified that if she closed her eyes again she'd see Celeste's dead body. She sat up too fast and felt dizzy, as she looked up her vision unblurred. Two figures stood above her, great, she thought I don't want to deal with them right now.  Thinking it was Neal and Tala. She took a better look and let out a squeaky gasp noise. The girl's dark hair hung heavy on her left side caked in blood and the boy stood holding his leg up a bit in a limp, his shirt covered in blood. Celeste and Carter.  Luna stood fast, her heart racing. The girl started to speak but Luna wide eyed ran out of the room. She slammed the door and wrapped it in the purple flowers wolf's bane that Celeste had taught her to grow with her powers.  She ran to the front door and wrapped it up in wolf's bane, the flower's vines roped around the knobs and up and down the door. She took a step back with a heavy breath, she closed her eyes for a second.  It was a just dream. she thought. A hallusination. That was the only possible reason that made sense. Her eyes fluttered open and Celeste and Carter stood infront of her. She took a step back  to run up to Neal's room 'Maybe he's up there' and tripped on the stairs behind her. She fell clumsly onto the stairs with a shreek, Celeste and Carter reached out ghostly and Luna screamed. She sat arms covering her face on the stairs, they hurt her back but she wasn't sure what to do. This felt too real, it couldn't be a dream. Could they be ghosts? She didn't think too much. She wasn't aware she was still screaming until lights flicked on. Neal ran up in a daze to a shaking crying Luna on the steps. A couple people woke and stared.  All Luna could do was shake. 'If they were ghosts they had a right to come back and kill me.' she thought. She started chewing on her nails until they bled. She heard none of the words Neal was saying, she was too lost in her own head to listen. 

She eventually gave in and Neal held her as she sobbed and he helped her up the stairs, where she continued to sob and shake until the sun came up.