I Fucked My Way Into This Mess, I'll Fuck My Way Out

For the second time that week, you awoke in a dark room, but this time you were stood with your back straight and your wrists and ankles untied. You were able to freely move around the emptiness you found yourself in—not that you could.

Even though you were alone as far as the eye could see, you were filled with a fear so intense you could feel tears welling up. Your heart was pounding in your ears, rendering any other noise inferior to its cacophonous drumming. Muscles trembling, your eyes darted around, scanning the gloominess that surrounded you as a chill traversed your spine.

It wasn't a fear you had ever encountered before. It felt harsher then anything you'd ever felt before. It was more commanding and empyrean, like you were a defendant in a criminal trial, stood in the presence of God themself as the judge, waiting for them to hand down the punishment for your sins.

'Hello?' you squeaked, voice cracking uncomfortably. 'Where am I?'

A deep, orotund voice echoed from all around you. 'You should know, mortal. You are the one who willingly entered my realm, are you not?'

As though an artist was carving through the shadows with a sparkler, the outline of an abnormally large horse and its rider began to appear as the words spoken entered your head, swirling around like wine in the maw of a winemaster.

The horse was an impressive creature—its mane and tail were a vibrant shade of tangerine, and it stood tall and proud, a mildly haughty look in its eyes. The look was the same look worn on the face of the rider: a tall, proud looking man with a spear in hand. His face only had a pair of sharp eyes, and he lacked hair.

He stared down at you in disdain, like your very existence was the greatest offence to him.

'Who are you?' you managed to inquire, your body quivering as you maintained eye contact.

'My name has evolved over the centuries. You may call me Chernabog.'

Your brain blipped. 'You're...Chernabog? Are you sure?'

'Of course I am sure,' he snapped.

'You don't look like Chernabog. I thought you had horns and wings and stuff. You look like a regular guy.'

The horse kicked the ground nervously as the rider sighed. 'That form would disintegrate someone like you at once. Unless you wish to be vaporised on sight, this form is more suitable for your mortal eyes.'

God, didn't imagine that he'd have such an attitude on him.

'Alright, chill out. I didn't come here to get in a pissing match with you.' You folded your arms, relieved that the first wave of terror had dissipated, leaving you with a more anxious form.

'Then what did you come here for? If I recall correctly, you were the one who's ascension ritual was interrupted, correct?'

'Yes.'

'And now you work for that slimy bastard Slenderman?'

'No.'

His eyes frowned. 'You have the power of sight, do you not? The sight that allows you to see the beings we hide from the visions of those who are normal?'

'Just say that I can see demons and Proxies.' If he was going to speak like some Victorian nobleman, you weren't sure how long your brain could keep up. 'But yes, I do. I'm a neutral force in the world.'

'Yet here you are, stood in my realm with a motive in mind. Does that still make you neutral?'

You grit your teeth, saying, 'Until an agreement is made, I am still neutral—motives or not.'