🃏ŠMØKÉ ÅŃD MËTÂŁ🃏

I sighed, parting ways with Larry and and Todd as they went to the basement. I made my way up to apartment 402, entering with a sigh of relief as I saw my father laying on the couch.

"Dad..?" I asked quietly, nudging him a bit. He slowly peeled open his eyes.

"Hm..? Sal?" He asked, sitting up and rubbing the tiredness from his eyes.

"Morning. Er... evening. Can I ask you something?" I tilted my head, waiting for a response.

"Go on." He sighed.

"Would you like to go camping? Like with Larry and Lisa?" I asked. He thought for a moment, scratching his face.

"That should be ok. We have tents, and I think we have sleeping bags... as long as Lisa is there so I don't have to keep too much supervision over you or her boy." He replied, nodding. Dad never really did like Larry, probably because I spent so much time with him.

"Sweet. Thanks, dad." I smiled, standing up and walking into my bedroom to silently celebrate. I picked up my Walkie talkie from my bedside table, and put it close to my face.

"Larry face?" I spoke into it.

"Sup, SallyFace." Larry replied almost immediately.

"Guess who's going camping with their best friend?" I asked.

"Aw man. I hope you have fun with theeeem." Larry said sarcastically.

"Oh shut up, you big dork." I laughed into the staticky box.

"Hm.. dork, huh? I like it." Larry replied. My face flushed a light pink and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut it!" I smiled.

...

It was the day of the trip, I'd be riding with Larry. Dad wanted to ride with Lisa because, well, if he got pulled over he couldn't pass a breathalyzer test. Plus Larry just got his license, so Lisa allowed him to follow behind her to the campsite.

We buckled in, and I smiled as Larry flipped on the radio.

"Now, no head banging while you're driving, Lar." I joked. He gave me a sarcastic 'but I waaaaaant to.' Then, we started on the rode, following close behind Lisa as she pulled a small RV. The site was about three hours away, so it'd be a long drive.

I yawned, stretching then cracking my knuckles.

"You can sleep if you need to, Sal." Larry smiled, looking over at me then quickly back to the road.

"Mmmm... I have to make sure you stay awake." I replied, reaching over and booping his long nose.

"I can stay awake, Sal. You hardly get any sleep, especially with all of your nightmares. You deserve sleep... you've earned it." He smiled, looking over and brushed a few strands of hair away from my mask while we were at a stop light.

"As long as you promise you're fine, then I will..." I sighed, moving my seat back and down. "Wake me up in like... twenty minutes."

"I promise." He smiled. There was a silence for a moment.

"Can I take... can I take my mask off?" I asked. He looked at me, surprised.

"Sal.. you don't have to ask.. and you don't have to take it off if you're not ready for me to see your face again.." he replied.

"I know.. but I want to." I sighed. He nodded, giving me the go ahead. I silently unclipped my mask, setting it on the center console. I bit my lip as Larry studied my face, placing his eyes back on the road as the light changed.

Just as I was drifting off to sleep, I heard Larry mutter a soft, "you're amazing, SallyFace..."