🍱GRÜFF TÔŃËŠ🍱

I woke up, the small boy curled up in a ball beside me. I swept my brown hair from my face, stretching. He looked so peaceful, so happy. I smiled, standing from the bed and walking to the makeshift kitchen. Pop tarts sound nice.

I put the cardboard pastries into a small toaster, smiling as the sweet aroma of cooking sweets filled my nose. I looked at the box of the breakfast... blueberry. Ironic. I heard stirring behind me, and looked back just as Sal sat up, rubbing the tiredness from his eye.

"Larry?" He asked, his voice slightly hoarse. He sounded.. pained. And sad.

"Yeah, Blue?" I asked, furrowing my brows together in concern. He's been through so much, I just want to make him feel better. That's... why I can't tell him how I feel. It'd ruin him, he thinks I like Ashley, and if we were together we'd have to tell each other things. That'd be too much pressure for him.

"Did I sleep in too long...?" He asked, looking around.

"No, Sal. I just woke up, too." I smiled. He nodded, pulling at his sleeves. His doesn't this when he's nervous.. "You ok?" I asked.

"Yeah.. just another nightmare. And no, I don't want to talk about it this time." He sighed. The last words hurt, did he not trust me?

Don't be dumb, Larry. Everyone wants to keep a few things to them self.

"Oh. Alright. I just wanted to make sure you're ok." I smiled, and he smiled back. His smile is so perfect.. I wish he knew how much I love him.

...

I sighed, looking over at Larry as he stared into the fire. He looked infatuated with the flames as they licked at the air. Larry jerked his head up at the sounds of a vehicle pulling into the neighboring camp site.

"Must be Phillip." He mumbled.

"You two know each other, right?" I asked.

"Vaguely. We were pretty good friends in middle school, but drifted apart as I got closer to Ash and Todd." Larry replied, standing from his camp chair. "Wanna meet him? It'd be nice to reconnect." He smiled genuinely. I nodded and stood as well, a flash of dizziness spiraling over my vision. I shook it off, but Larry seemed to notice as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

We walked over to the large truck together, anticipating the time until Phillip got out of the car. Sure enough, he jumped out- messy, short blue hair like mine, bushy eyebrows, gauges, and a red sweater. When he saw Larry his eyes lit up.

"Hey! Haven't seen you in forever!" He shouted, throwing his arms around Larry. I waited while the two shared their embrace, a tinge of jealousy pulling at my emotions. "You're Sal, right?" He asked. I nodded, thrusting my hand towards him. He shook it vigorously, a big smile spread across his face.

He seemed... overly friendly but at least he wasn't mean. I guess that's why him an Larry used to be friends, he seems pretty nice.

And he has a face.

I shrugged the voices off like I always do, and followed the two boys over to our campsite.

"I heard that demons could touch fire... is that true?!" Phillip asked excitedly as he sat down. I smiled and reached down, putting my hand to the bottom coals of the fire. Phillip looks star-struck, and all of us began talking and sharing stories.