🎥HÎDÉÑ TRÉÅŠÛRË🎥

TW: EATING DISORDER

My stomach let out a disgruntled groan as the hunger clawed at my gut. Only 45 minutes left, no need to make Lisa stop for food now.

"You hungry, Sal?" Larry asked.

"Well, yes. But I don't want to have to pull over at a crappy dine and dip. I can wait till we get to camp." I replied, not wanting him to worry.

"Alright... I just want to make sure you're not... ya know.. relapsing." I cringed as he said that, biting my lip. He squeezed my hand gently.

"I'm sorry I put you through that.." I sighed, slumping in my seat.

"Hey, don't be sorry, dude. You were hurting, insecure; I just hope I helped you get through that." He smiled. I nodded, taking my hand back from his and unclipping my mask.

"You did, Lar. You really did."

...

Réłâpśë..

The words played over in my head, even as we began to set up camp. Was Larry really that worried about it? I doubt it. He doesn't care... doesn't care about me.

I shook the thoughts out of my head, smiling over at Larry who was helping his mom level the RV.

"Hey Sal! Can you check the bubble in the leveler?" Larry called out. I gave a thumbs up and walked over, signaling that it was almost completely level. We decided to leave it, in fear of messing it up.

"Hey Lar, I'm gunna go see who all is at the other camps." I smiled, walking over to the taller male.

"Alright. That's a good idea, it's nice to get to know your neighbors, make sure they're nice." He smiled back, ruffling my hair. "I'll join you in about 10 minutes."

I gave him a quick nod before slipping on an extra jacket and making my way over to a different campsite. I walked over to them with a smile, though they couldn't see it.

"Hello." I waved, trying to sound as cheery as possible.

"Hello there, young man." An older woman waved back, a big smile tugging at her lips. "What brings you here?" She asked.

"Oh-! Uh, I just wanted to meet my neighbors haha." I said awkwardly.

"Oh, well isn't that lovely. You seem very familiar, a face you couldn't forget.. it's the mask. Do you go to Nockfell Highschool?" She suddenly asked.

"Uh, yes, yes ma'am I do." I replied, the air growing tense.

"Oh, good. My son goes there, too." She smiled sweetly.

"Who... who is it?" I ask.

"He has blue hair just like you, actually. He's not here today, but he will be tomorrow. Phillip?" She said puzzlingly.

"Phillip? Yeah I know him. He's in my English class- we're more just kinda acquaintances than anything." I reply.

"Hm... I've heard a lot about you. All good things, all good things," she started, "but," oh boy here we go- "Stay away from him. He has enough to deal with, and I can just sense that you're trouble. Now shoo, I'm sure you have something better to do than torment an old woman." She sighed, waving her hand at me dismissively.

I sighed, feeling my heart drop as I walked back to my own camp.

"How'd it go?" Larry asked.

"Well," I let out a long sigh, "that Phillip guy from English is gunna be here tomorrow, so much for our weekend alone as you said. And his mom is low key a douche." I replied, shrugging.

"Hey, it could be nice to meet some new people; make some new friends. Ya know?" He shrugged.

New friends

He's tired of you

He doesn't like you anymore

Just disappear

"Will you excuse me please?" I asked bolting behind a tree to throw up. It was mainly water.. probably from the anxiety. I don't know why these voices torment me, but I can't get away from them. For now, I just need to ignore them and bottle it up.