📚ŁEÂK📚

My grip on Sal's hand only tightened as we approached the large building, inviting ourselves in. Sure, they stopped worshiping red eyes- that doesn't mean he's not still around. A shiver ran down my spine when we entered, the air was stiff and cold; it made me want to run out of there, as it was incredibly uninviting.

"Larry.. we're close to him. I can sense it.." Sal muttered, leaning into me slightly. He was beautiful before, but under the dim glow of the golden light, the small bolts of sparks and electricity, and his newly gained wings? He looked even more stunning. Some would find him scary, because of his dark demeanor and lack of eyes, but that doesn't matter to me. To me, he was wonderful.

"Stay on your toes.. we watch each others back.. don't let your guard down." I said, my voice no louder than a whisper for fear of something listening. There's something wrong with this place- something sinister about it that I can't quit put my finger on. Sal took in a shaky breath as we went through another door, and relaxed when it was also empty.

"Wait... do you hear that?" He asked in a low tone, turning to me with wholesome curiosity. He was right, I did hear something- voices. I started paying more attention as they spoke Todd's name, listening closely to each broken up word. "They're talking about Todd... maybe they can show us the way."

"Good idea, Blue. Let's go.. quietly." I replied, walking closer to where the voices were coming from. There were two figures, both dressed in doctor attire. They spoke in hushed voices, as if the wall itself would spill the secrets they let out.

"Go- alone- he's mental- kill you." One said, the voices distorted by the barrier of living and dead. I could fit the pieces together pretty easily by just reading her clouded eyes and following her hazy lips. From what I could tell, she said something along the lines of 'don't go alone, that boy is mental, he'll kill you.' Pretty chilling, but they were right- something happened to Todd. They don't know, but we do.

"I'm not- alone- dog- abandoned- the world- he shouldn't be infected anymore." The other replied, their tone one of authority and confidence. 'I won't be alone, besides the DOG abandoned trying to take over the world when those murders occurred. He shouldn't be infected by Red anymore.' Bastards. Of course they were in on it, they're adults I'm Nockfell. That's how it goes, right?

Suddenly there was a loud bang, and the sound of glass shattering. I turned quickly to see Sal, standing over a shattered bowl. Fuck... he interacted with the human world.. I turned back to look at the two 'doctors' who's faces read of fear and confusion. When they spoke again I could hear them clear as day... like the barrier had be broken.

"Get to room 632, and take care of patient M0441S0N. I'll clean this up.." That was all we needed to hear. I grabbed Sal's hand and phased through too many walls to count, determined to make it to Todd's room as quick as possible.

When we got there, there was a black mist flying low on his door. It swirled continuously, a tornado of ebony that held pain and suffering. Sal bent down next to it, and shocked it slightly with his pointer finger. The swirl squirmed away and under the door, almost like it was afraid of him. He shrugged, standing up and phasing through the door to Todd's room.

There was black everywhere. On the ceiling mainly, but the whole place was covered in a dark cloud. It spun and spun and spun, tangling in itself only to break and start the pattern again. The darkness seeped into every crevice of the room, leaking back out into the hallway. But what was in the darkness was the saddest part. Todd, straight jacket and all, mumbling only about how much he wishes to die..

Maybe today he will get that wish, if Red doesn't go down without a fight. But I determined to do what I can to help Sal end this.

Once and for all.

A/N
Only like one more chapter left! Reee!

Thank you so much for your support, it means a lot to me. Uhh so for further books I'm DEFINITELY doing a Borderlands AU (I'll explain lore and stuff, so even if you haven't played the game you can kinda get the gist) and a prom AU! So stay tune for those stories and I,l catch y'all on the flip side!

~Anna