🖤ŠØÜŁMÄTËŠ🖤

I walked over to a guard, shank in hand, and held it out to him.

"Take it away from me, then take me away or.. I'll do it." I growled, ripping off my dust mask and discarding it. The guards eyes widened, and he snatched the shank away.

"You have another two months until your final trial why would you-" I shook my head.

"Reschedule. I'm done waiting." He rolled his eyes, walking away.

"Finally pleading to die, freak? Good riddance!" The beefy guy snarled while walking past me. That's it. I'm done.

I rushed at him, buuuut he quickly spun around with his arm extended. His arm hit be head on, and I pretty much did a full flip. I sighed at the throbbing pain in the back of my head, and nearly broke down again as I felt him pick me up.

"You little bitch, you didn't think you could just get away with it, did you?! Attacking me?! For Christ's sake you'd be better off attacking Cerberus." He sneered, walking away completely.

Now... I wait. Maybe they'll make the trial closer... maybe they'll keep it at two months.

...
1 1/2 months later

I looked at him sadly. He's been such a mess these past few weeks... it hurts seeing him like this. We've talked as much as the prison allowed us, and I enjoyed every second I got to see him. But even as he laughs, there's pain to it..

I swept a strand of blond hair from my face, smiling at him as I sat down.

"Hey, Sal."

"Heya Travy. How's the world treating you? Did you get the job?" He asked excitedly. He wasn't wearing his prosthetic or the small dust mask, he just... showed his beautiful face.

"Yeah, actually! They were so kind to me! And I'm sure they'll be kind to you, too! Ya know... once you gets out?" I said with a hopeful smile.

"Yeah... I'd like that." He smiled back, but there was a familiar sadness that looked around his head like a dark cloud; a cloud of agony and suffering, a cloud that would never stop its path of destruction. "I heard you got coffee with... ahem.. with uh..." he started mumbling the words, and his posture became slumped.

"Ashley? Yeah. She uh... wants to visit you and explain herself." I sighed, reaching through the glass and gently taking his hands with mine.

"I don't want to see her!" He suddenly shouted, but quickly covered his mouth and began trembling. "I don't... I don't want to see her... she called the police, she put me here.. I miss her so much but she knows what she did and- Campbell! Oh my god, she's testifying against me!" He started making a small scene, panic gripping his features as tears welled in his eye. One socket always stood empty... strange. Never noticed he only had one eye before.

"Wait, She- oh my god I'm so sorry Sal. It's uh, it's ok though! You don't need to worry, I'm here with you, I won't go anywhere until needed. We're friends now, remember? Friends help each other. And I'm here to help." I smiled, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze. He seemed to relax after that, and we enjoyed our time together until it was cut short.

~

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of Travis and Sal's relationship. But I mean... I'm dead.. so it wouldn't matter for him. But for me it'd hurt... oh well. As I was wondering the halls of the prison, I heard a verrry interesting conversation...

"We already know what he will he tried for, and how he will be punished. Why wait? We're just wasting valuable time we could be using to rebuild the DOG." Someone mumbled down the hall. I got closer and they started arguing. It was all insignificant, boring ramble. Until I heard something, that made my heard flutter and cry all at the same time.

"The DOG are over! We are no more, he has failed us! He who speaks his name holds onto something useless! The man with the red eyes is no more, thanks to Sal Fisher. Mr. Addison is no more thanks to Sal Fisher! Our hope is gone! And now? All we have is him. He who bears the mark of the dog, he who will lead us to salvation through lightning storms and plastic faces! He, who's name... is Sal Fisher."