Silver

*Harry's POV*
--------------------

"Melanie, please wake up" I whispered, squeezing her hand tightly. Her heart rate monitor continued to make slow beeps. I wiped my tear stained cheeks and let out shaky breath.

I have been sat here for 16 hours straight, not letting go of her hand. Doctors tried to get me to leave during her surgery but I refused, I wasn't going to leave her. She's my world, my everything.

"Mr Styles, your wife here has lost a significant amount of blood and will need a blood donor. It says on our reports that you have the same blood type as her, would you be willing to donate some blood?" A doctor said, looking at a clipboard.

Yes, I had to say she was my wife. I don't want her taken away from me.

I nodded my head, "of coarse, anything" I said, kissing her hand. "Is she going to be okay?" I asked, not taking my eyes off her. There was a long silence and I looked at the doctor, he had a pitiful look on his face which made tears build up in my eyes.

"It's hard to say if Mrs Styles will be okay, she's made a big improvement since surgery though, her heartbeat has become more rapid" the doctor said, sounding cheerful at the end, probably trying to make me feel better.

I nodded and faked a smile at him, "shall we do the blood transfer now?" I asked. The doctor nodded and replied "absolutely, I will just go and fetch the nurse, she will do the transfer". He quickly ran out of the room and I looked back at Melanie, my perfect Melanie.

I traced my finger over the bandage on her head, thankfully the bullet didn't hit her temple, it skimmed her head but still shot the edge of her skull. The doctor said if the bullet had been shot half a centimetre closer to her temple, she would had died instantly.

I stood up and laid beside her on the bed, wrapping my arms around her tightly. I buried my face into her neck and sighed deeply, "I love you" I whispered.

I closed my eyes and held her close to me, "I'm sorry about everything, I swear to God I will change my ways" I whispered, tears escaping from my closed eyes.

"Just please, wake up baby" I said quietly, reopening my eyes. She was still unconscious. I reached for my jacket which was on the chair and pulled it on my lap, I shoved my hand in the pocket and searched for something.

I sighed of relief when I felt the small leather box, I pulled it out and threw my jacket back on the chair. I opened the box which revealed the beautiful diamond ring I have planned to give the Melanie, her engagement ring.

I took the silver out of the box and lifted her left hand, I kissed her hand again and slipped the ring on her ring finger. "Forever and always" I whispered, blowing her hair out of her face.

My hand made it's way to her stomach and I rubbed it gently, I smiled and kissed her lips delicately. She didn't lose the baby, after everything, our baby is still here.

The door swung open making me flinch, "hello Mr Styles, I'm here for the blood transfer" an old looking nurse spoke. I smiled and quickly jumped off the bed, "let's get to it" I chirped.

She sat me down and pulled out a thick needle and a tube, "this will pinch a little" she warned. I looked at the needle stick into my arm and I tensed instantly, "ew" I simply said. Within seconds, blood was pumping down the tube. My head felt fuzzy at the sight, "Mr Styles, are you okay?" I heard the nurse say before I passed out.