Chapter 20

The three Mobians were all standing in the large temple room, silence had surrounded them. Rouge was panting heavily, her form shaking as she tried to catch her breath. Shadow was currently going over what she had just said.

A low growl escaped his throat, "Where you followed?"

"I... I don't think so... I got away just before they could track me... I- Ow..." She gripped her side, before pulling her gloved hand away. Dark red blood now covered her hand and her ears lowered, "I... Didn't feel..."

"It's okay." Shadow said, before searching the room for something, anything to bandage the wound. He found and old brown cloth, ripping it from the treasures and wrapping it around the bat's stomach. Her eyes were rolling around, scanning the area as he looked after her wound.

"You found... All this treasure, without me..?"

"I didn't know there would be any treasure." He said grimly, tying the cloth around her middle, "You better hope that bullet wasn't a tracker, otherwise everything we've done will be compromised."

"Sorry..." The she-bat mumbled, her eyes started to close, "I'm not sure..."

Shadow let out a sigh, before gently placing a hand under her head, "Rest, I'll figure out what to do okay?"

(Y/N) watched the two converse, her ears lowered. Seeing the two talking reminded her that she no longer had anyone in this world, she was alone. Her family and friends were all gone, she had no home, she had nowhere to go.

As Rouge rested her head on Shadow's hand, the (a/t) felt a pang in her chest. What was she going to do now? Where was she going to go? She knew nothing of this world, and she knew she would struggle, find trouble or end up lost.

She took a step back, before closing her eyes and walking away. She didn't know where she was going, but she found herself standing next to the Golden Moon. It was all she knew anymore.

"(Y/N)?" The (a/t)'s ears twitched to Shadow's voice.

"Yeah...?" She asked lightly, doing her best to keep her voice calm.

"We're going to leave as soon as Rouge wakes up, alright?" He walked over, tilting his head, "Are you alright?"

"I'm... Fine..." The (a/t) gave a weak smile, lowering her head to the ground.

"Are you sure?"

She nodded, turning her attention to the golden statue and running her hand along it's rounded side. The hedgehog watched her, before sighing and crouching next to her.

"(Y/N), you can talk to me you know." He saw her shoulders tremble slightly, and placed a hand on her arm, "What's the matter?"

She raised her (e/c) eyes to him, shining with tears, "I-I don't want to go..."

"(Y/N)..." The hedgehog cupped her cheeks, "Why don't you want to go?"

"I don't... I don't belong here... I don't know anything about this world, not anymore." Her ears lowered and she tried to look away, "I don't have anywhere to go, I have no family, friends..."

"Shh..." The hedgehog pulled her into a hug, "That's not true. You have me, Tails, Sonic, and there are many other people you have yet to meet."

"I don't... What will I do...? I've been asleep for 150 years, there are so many new things and I know nothing..." She tried to pull back, "I can't. I..."

"(Y/N) stop." Shadow grabbed onto her shoulders, almost shaking her, "You do belong here, you just need to learn to fit in. You belong. I promise. I've been in your shoes, confused, not sure what to do because your purpose is over. You'll find your way, and I'll help you."

She stared at him, tears started to fall down her muzzle, "Shadow... I have nowhere to go. I have no home. I-"

The hedgehog sighed, before lifting her chin and pressing his lips against her own. (Y/N) froze, her eyes wide as the hedgehog held her against him, but ever so slowly did she start to kiss back, her head felt light.

Shadow pulled back, leaning his forehead on hers, "You have me. You can stay with me. I was going to ask you before Rouge arrived, but... Well Rouge arrived."

The (a/t) stared at him, her cheek burning a deep red as she processed what just happened. A small smile appeared on her muzzle, and she wiped her eyes.

"O-Oh... I see..." She gave a weak chuckle, though her tears fell heavier now, "Yes... I would like that very much."

"Great, now lets get out of here. I want to go home."

Gahhh sorry it's short, but it just felt like it should be! I hope you liked this chapter guys ;3

Oh, also the chances of the next chapter being short is very high as well, only because I actually broke it off this one. I just liked the idea of ending the chapter on the kiss, ya know? X3

Alright, see you later guys!

Haven Out!!!