Chapter 4

The two stood in the forest, one busy with a small communication devise, the other trying to watch but being scolded.

"I'm serious, don't step any closer." Shadow growled at the (a/t), sending her a red glare, "If the Commander sees you, he will kill us both."

The (a/t) had jumped at his sudden outburst, her ears lowered as she stepped away from him, nodding slowly. The dark hedgehog let out a sigh, rubbing his head.

"Why did it have to be me...?"

Finally, he was able to call the Commander, the human looked mixed with relief and rage. The hedgehog wondered why but passed the thought.

"Shadow! Is everything alright? What happened?" He asked urgently.

"Nothing sir." Shadow shrugged, "I lost communication the closer I got to the artefact, but I couldn't reach it."

The Commander let out a growl, rubbing his shaved head, "What's it like? Do you think you could get it eventually?"

"I have been trying for a while now sir. I just walked away to find signal and report back to you."

"I see... Well keep trying, and keep me posted."

"Will do." Shadow was about to hang up when the Commander stopped him.

"And Shadow, if you come across that Mobian (Y/N), well I'd assume she is nothing but remains and vines now. Remove her body." His eyes were dark, "I don't care how you do it."

The hedgehog nodded once again, "I will."

He looked behind him, at the (a/t) that watched curiously. Her bright (e/c) eyes were staring at him, filled with curiosity and a little fear.

"What is it Shadow?" The Commander asked, "Are you being followed?"

He shook his head, "No, just some pest."

"Hey!" (Y/N) piped up, "I'm not a pest!"

"What? Who was that?!" The human asked, his brows narrowing, "Shadow are you with somebody?"

"It's just a local, rather annoying really." Shadow huffed, glaring back at the (a/t), "Asking me all these questions. They don't know who you are."

"Well introduce me then." The Commander stated, "I will answer anything they have to say."

His voice was hard, and Shadow knew he wouldn't answer anything, but take their details, their identity, and have them locked up.

Of course, if (Y/N) was a local that's what would happen anyway.

"Sir I don't believe sharing information is smart."

"Just do it agent." The Commander growled.

Shadow huffed and turned away again, this time facing away from (Y/N). Hopefully he could fool the Commander.

"Hey! Don't leave yet. We have..." He sighed, "They left."

"Then who is that?"

Shadow tilted his head, before feeling someone brush against his arm. He froze, before turning his gaze to the (a/t) that stood next to him, her eyes roaming over the screen. The Commander was doing the same, as if taking in her features.

Finally, his eyes widened.

The dark hedgehog let out a low growl, and the (a/t) also froze, before stepping away from him. He drops the communicator and grabs the startled mobian by the shirt,

"I told you to stay out of sight." He said quietly, "You better hope I can smooth talk the Commander, otherwise we're both dead."

She was silent, her ears pinned back against her head and eyes shining as he let her go. He let out a grumbled sigh, before going back to the communicator.

"I'm disappointed Shadow." The Commander sighed, looking tired on the screen, "I thought you were a truthful hedgehog. I see now I am wrong."

"Sir it's a misunderstanding." The dark hedgehog started, "Just let me-"

"No. This is treason." The human turned his gaze to the desk, shaking his head, "I'll see you on the other side Shadow."

And he hung up.

Great.

Shadow growled once again, before snapping the communicator in half. He turned to (Y/N), a slur of words ran through his mind, all unpleasant and cruel. She seemed to cringe away, as if able to see the rage he was feeling.

"I hope you're happy. Now we're both on G.U.N's wanted list."

"I-I'm sorry..." The (a/t) mumbled quietly, "The trees... They told me to stop what you were doing, it was hurting them..."

"Yeah well the trees are about to go through a whole lot more than a little pain." The hedgehog walked over, grabbing her arm, "We need to hide now. And you're lucky I have friends that aren't tied to G.U.N."

"You do...?" She looked up at him, letting him lead her through the thick forest.

"Yes. And you better be thankful they like helping people."

"Oh, I am." (Y/N) smiled, before walking behind him, "So where are we going?"

"To Sonic's. He'll be able to hide us while I think of a plan."

GAHHHHH I'M SORRY IT'S SO SHORT, BUT I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO. I DECIDED THIS WOULD BE A SHORT CHAPTER CUZ THERE WASN'T MUCH TO IT TO START WITH. STILL SORRY, THE REST SHOULD BE GOOD THOUGH. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT EITHER WAY, AND I PROMISE IT WILL GET BETTER!
HAVEN OUT!!!