#3 Run

Renjun yawned. The sky was gradually becoming lighter, beautiful milky pinks mixing with dark blues and a hint of gold streaking across the sky. Jeno looked at him and sighed.

"Well.. I guess we should find somewhere to stop.. We don't want to travel during daylight. It's to risky. We have a couple days I'd say before they do enough DNA tests to tell it was me... But I still don't wanna risk it." He glanced past Renjun to Jaemin and although the younger tried to hide it he as well yawned. They had walked all night so Jeno understood why. He stopped Renjun and knelt down so he could get on his back. He did and they continued to walk, Renjun drifting off to sleep. Jaemin had taken most of the bags with Renjun carrying Jeno's backpack and Jaemin's blankets, which were now wrapped around him. Jeno looked at Jaemin.

"As soon as we get into the city, we can stop.. Can you make it?" Jaemin nodded, trying to appear awake and they continued.

Once in the city, Jeno knew where he was going. There was an old car parking lot, one of those big tall ones with 6 floors where people normally parked if they were roaming around or going to a nearby venue. Well it was now overgrown and crumbling. It had been closed for years. In fact, Jeno can't even remember it ever being open. Regardless it would be the perfect place to lay low and rest up.

They climbed up until they were on the third floor before they began to settle down. Jaemin carefully got Renjun off Jeno's back and placed the small boy ontop of some bags that served as pillows. He then sat beside Renjuns head watching as Jeno took something out of one of his bags. It was a small pistol.

"Are.. Are you gonna need that?" Jaemin said in a low voice so he didn't wake Renjun, who was now softly snoring beside him.

"I hope not... But just to be safe." Jeno stuck it in the pocket of his jacket and sat beside Jaemin. Renjun woke up a bit from his sleep and looked around, his eye's resting fondly on the two boys beside him. He moved the backpack from under his head and scooted over. Jaemin was sitting against the wall with his legs stretched in front of him while Jeno had his legs up to his chest. So, Renjun sat himself in Jaemin's lap and leaned his head against Jeno's legs. Jaemin smiled and Renjun simply did the same and closed his eye's. Jeno sat awake.

Eventually, Jaemin fell asleep to, his head on Jenos shoulder.

It was such a beautiful moment in such a horrible time.

Renjun and Jaemin had been asleep for a couple hours, there soft snores echoing around the parking lot, when Jeno heard a noise.

A small pebble, shifting underfoot.

His head shot up scaning the area and his hand instinctively hovered over the gun in his pocket.

"Hello? Who's there?" Jeno said in a threatening tone. There was a long pause of silence and he shook his head. He was so paranoid.

But then he heard quick footsteps and before he could think, a gun was pointed to his forehead. He looked up and saw three men all with black hoodies and masks, holding weapons and staring at him.