#17

AN: okay so I know I've done alot of these lately but like my friend oktoberspider deserves the world for all the art, help, and support they have blessed this book with. I LOVE YOU oktoberspider!!!! YOU ARE A GOD!! They drew the picture above of Chenle holding the drawing and I sjddhjwjdjwhdh THANK YOU!! And thanks for 200 reads like wow i don't think y'all understand how happy it makes me. Even though I know it's not alot it feels like alot to me so THANK YOU FOR READING!! Mmk sorry... Continue reading and ENJOY!!!

Jisung ran as fast as he could to the watch tower. He had been out back from the warehouse while the others were sleeping. It wasn't all that late but Lucas said they needed to be up early tommorow for some special training. Jisung had snuck out to be with his thoughts when he thought he heard a scream. He shook it off but later heard another and knew something was up. And the closer he got to the sound, the more sure he was of who it was.

Chenle.

It was Chenle.

But when he arrived at the tower, it was silent and had been silent for a short while.

Was he too late?

He felt tears fall down his face as he made his way up the steps.

"Chenle? Lele? Zhong Chenle!!" He yelled. When he finnaly got to the top he froze when he saw the horrible sight of his bestfriends body laying lifless against the consol.

"Ch-Chenle.." He called, his voice a hoarse whisper as he knew he wouldn't get a response. He ran forward and fell on his knees beside Chenle's body. He fell into the small pool of his friends blood but he didn't care.

"Chenle, please wake up.. Chenle! Wake up..." He said, gently shaking the boys body. He reached for Chenle's hand and intertwined it with his. He felt no pulse in the cold hand. The tears fell harder as he gently pulled the chinese boys body into his lap. He held Chenle's head and hugged him, rocking slowly back and forth.

"Chenle.. Chenle... I'm sorry... Pl-please wake up.." He stopped when he noticed a small slip of paper clutched in his hand. He slowly removed it and his body froze at the thought of what it could be.

A suicide note?

But when he looked at the picture he smiled a bit.

'I love you Jisung'

He couldn't stop the tears as he gently held Chenle's head and kissed the boy's forehead.

"I love you to Zhong Chenle..." He managed with a shaking voice.
It was then that he noticed the burn marks up and down Chenle's arm and how his clothes were a bit burnt, exposing his chest that was littered with burn marks.

"I will be right back Lele.. D-don't worry..." He said, gently setting down his friends body and slowy backing away. He broke into a run when he reached the stairs and reached the warehouse in no time. When he burst through the doors he was still crying rivers. Jeno was up and his eyes had a worried look when he spotted Jisung.

"What is it Ji?"

"I.. It's-... Chenle's d-dead!" He said, sending Jeno into a panic. He got his backpack and looked back at Jisung.

"Where?!"

"Follow.. M-me-" he shuddered at the thought of having to see Chenle like that again. But nevertheless he led Jeno up the tower to the control room.

Where Chenle's dead body layed.

"Chenle!" Jeno said. He ran to where the boy was on the ground and knelt beside him. "No no no no no..." He muttered as he listened for a heartbeat and checked for a pulse.
Nothing.

"Come on Lele...." He cried into the small boys hair. He had helped raise Chenle. Him and Jaemin both.

Jaemin.

Where was Jaemin.

"Jisung... Tell the others.. But don't let them up here until I say. You can come up whenever. And when Jaemin gets back... Send him up here without a word of explanation." Jisung nodded and ran back down the stairs. Jeno held Chenle's hand tight and only once he knew Jisung was gone, did he cry.

"Chenle... I'm so sorry.. Your brother.... I'm sorry.. If I had-"

"Brother.." Jeno looked up to see Jaemin, his face sheet white as he stumbled forward towards his brother's still corpse. "Chenle.. Hey... I- I know you're okay.. You have to be okay. He has to be okay, right Jeno?" He looked up at the older with a wild look in his eyes.

A desperate pleading look.

Jeno didn't answer.

"Yeah.. He's fine... He'll wake up.. Lele always was a h-heavy slee-per.." He choked out. He crawled forward a bit, not even seeming to notice the puddle of blood under him. "Hey, Chenle.. I'm making..... Your favorite.." Jaemin couldn't keep this up. His tears fell heavily onto Chenle's torn and burnt clothes as he stared at his brother.
As he stared at what his brother had become.

As he stared at what he had done.
He closed his eyes and held his head when it came back.

His brothers deafening screams of pain as he burned on the floor. His pleas and cries for mercy. And the image of himself holding a gun aimed at his brother.

"CHENLE I NEVER WOULD HAVE DONE IT! I NEVER.. I never.. I wouldn't of....." He screamed as he rocked himself a bit. Jeno reached forward for Jaemin. "Don't touch me! You couldn't help Chenle then you can't help me!" He yelled. With that he stood

And he left.

"Jaemin.." Jeno breathed the name.
But it was no use.

And he knew it was no use.

He knew alot of things.

He knew Chenle was dead.

He knew Jaemin wouldn't be back.

He knew that Taeyong would be disappointed.

He knew so much, yet, he still couldn't figure out the simple things:

Why he felt empathy, but had never connected through dreams.

Why Renjun was still here.

Why Chenle was dead.

Why Jaemin said he would never do it.

'I never would have done it.'

It was then that a gruesome, sickening thought crossed his mind.

Was Jaemin apart of his brothers murder?

-tbc-