#20

Renjun reluctantly went back to sleep with the others after being told to by Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo watched him leave, his eyes watering with tears as he looked down at Jeno. The boy looked so vulnerable.

"I'm sorry Jeno.."

Jeno opened his eyes slowly and was confused. He was back in the warehouse beside Renjun. He shrugged it off and sat up yawning.
Then he stopped dead when he smelled something.

Fire.

"Fire... FIRE! EVERYONE GET UP FIRE!!" He yelled, shaking Renjun awake before running over to wake the others. Haechan was wide awake and waking up Mark quickly, fear filling his gaze as he watched the door where flames could be seen licking at the walls of the warehouse. He stood and so did Mark, waking quickly as he smelled smoke and heard the urgency in Jeno's tone. Renjun too woke quickly but it took a moment for the older bous to wake up. As soon as everyone was awake, Jeno began to usher everyone out, telling them to stay low and be quick. He counted each one of them as they exited.

Renjun

Mark

Haechan

Lucas

Winwin

A bunch of wooden boards and some sheet metal off the roof came crashing down, sending sparks into the air. Kun coughed a bit as he pushed Xaojun, Yangyang, and Hendary out in front of him.

"Jeno-" Kun's body shook with painful coughs. "-come on thats everyone." He coughed again and continued. Jeno began to follow but froze immediately when an image popped in his mind.

"Purple always was his favorite color.."

"Jisung!" He turned and ignored Kun yelling behind him as he ran back to the room.

"Jisung!" He called as he entered the room they had all once slept in. "Ji-" his own body was racked with coughs and he luckly stumbled to the side as more burning debree fell from the ceiling. "Jisung.." He called again, this time a bit weaker as his lungs burned.

"Jeno.." A soft voice called back. Jeno looked over to see Jisung under one of the boards that had fallen. The flames hadn't yet reached Jisung, but they would soon.

"Jisung!!" He called, running forward and moving the board off of Jisung. As soon as the weight was lifted, Jisung rolled out of the way, laying on the ground and breathing heavily as he attempted to regain all the oxygen he had lost. Jeno threw the burning board away from them and approached Jisung.

"Let's go." He said, grabbing Jisungs wrist firmly to guide him back to the others.

"I don't think so." Jeno stopped in his tracks as a fimiliar figure blocked their way. His silhouette was outlined harshly against the flames, but other flames lit up his face at times, which was enough for Jeno to know just who it was.

"Jaemin?" The boy before them chuckled.

"Of course! Who else would know where to find you." He said before looking down at Jisung. "And who else would know the exact time and place to find Chenle alone." The flames crackled around them and continued to grow as Jeno stood mouth agape. Jisung didn't waste a second. He stood and moved to punch Jaemin.

The Jaemin Jeno knew wouldn't fight back.

The Jaemin Jeno knew wouldn't block it.

But the Jaemin Jeno knew also would never kill his own brother.

Jaemin easily dogged the weak attack and knocked Jisung to the ground with ease. He smirked.

"Pathetic." He spat before looking back at Jeno. "I do have to say you've grown into qiet the leader Jeno. Which may be necessary soon if our plans go smoothly." Jeno looked at Jaemin sternly.

"Please Jaemin, don't go with them! It's still not to late to come back!"

"And you think that they will except a murderer like me back! I'm sure it's bad enough they have you but a boy who killed his own brother so he could fight for the right side of a war?" Jaemin scoffed. "I think that crosses the line." Jeno felt so hopeless.

They were gonna die here.

They were going to burn in the flames that lapped around them just like Chenle had and soon see the fimiliar boy. He looked at Jisung, broken and hurt on the ground before turning back to Jaemin. Anger surged through him and his hands clenched into fists. He blinked and when he opened his eyes, for a split second they were completely black, nothing but a white pupil obstructing the black void.

This was the boy who killed Chenle.

This was the boy they thought they could trust.

This was what Jaemin had become.

"You ass hole!" Jeno yelled, letting his anger control his actions as he viciously pushed Jaemin backward. But Jaemin knew better and grabbed Jeno to steady himself, in the process unbalancing Jeno. The older toppled forward and Jaemin moved aside. He luckily caught himself before his body reached the flames and whipped back around to punch Jaemin, this time landing it square on the boys face. Jaemin fell back a bit before regaining himself and running forward to rap his arms around Jeno's neck, but the boy was all to fimiliar with that move. Jaemin was easily thrown off and, being not as lucky as Jeno, landed in the flames. He screamed and Jisung's eyes widened. Jeno simply lifted Jisung off the ground and held him firmly by the wrist before pulling him away.

"Let's go." He said darkly.

This scene was all to fimiliar to him.

Running.

As they ran, stumbling over burning debree, Jaemin's cries faded and all that could be heard was there own occasional coughing and the loud crackle of the fire around them.

When they emerged from the burning warehouse, they saw the small group huddled together a little ways from the watchtower. Everyone was there and looked unharmed. Kun and Renjun ran forward as they arrived and immediately began checking them over for wounds. Jisung's clothes were slightly burned through and he had a cut on his arm where a peice of metal off the wood board had peirced his skin and burned it a little but that was it. Jeno looked fine to all with the exception of his clothing being a bit singed and some bruises from fighting. Renjun frowned. Jisung looked distantly at the ground and Jeno's stern expression reminded him of something..

"Jeno.. What happened in there?" His eyes widened when the younger looked up with the same expression.
The same expression he had worn when he killed Renjun's father.

"I think I killed Jaemin."

-tbc-