#7 Run

Renjun opened his eyes and looked around. He was nesled in Jeno's arms and Jaemin was laying peacefully beside them. Renjun sat up and managed to get out of Jeno's arms without waking them up. He could hear other soft snores around the room and noticed that the other men were asleep in there own spots. Renjun noticed that Taeyong, Haechan, and Taeil (or Moon as he went by in dreams) weren't there. Figuring that they were already awake, he walked out to the main area.

Taeyong and Taeil were nowhere to be found, neither was Haechan but Renjun thought he could hear voices in the extra room and soft sobs from outside. He felt that pain in his heart again, that longing to provide comfort for someone. He walked out toward the exit and left the small space, going out to the garage.

Once outside he frowned. Haechan was on the ground, his back against the wall as he cryed into his hands. Renjun ran forward and sat down beside Haechan to comfort him. The boy looked up and sniffed, meeting Renjun's worried gaze.

"Hey.. What's wrong Haechan?" The boy rested his head in his hands and looked at the concrete, avoiding Renjun's gaze.

"Renjun..." He sighed and stood up suddenly, startling Renjun. "Let's take a walk! I wanna talk..." Renjun nodded and took Haechan's outstretched hand, standing up. He put his hands in the pocket of the hoody he was wearing. Truth be told, it was Jaemin's, but that didn't matter. Renjun smiled as they walked and tilted his head.

"Why do you wanna talk to me?" Haechan paused for a moment and thought.

"I honestly don't know.. Something about you..." Haechan trailed off. "Your very.. Mm.. Talkable?" Haechan said tilting his head as he tried the new word. Renjun laughed softly at the boy and they kept walking. Once they were a small ways from the entrance to "hub" as they called it, Haechan spoke.

"I.. I'm about to tell you something not many others know about me..." He said with a sigh as he mustered the courage to recall his past. "I.. My father works for the government. I used to think it was the coolest thing, the best job in the world, telling all my friends about it. One day my dad came home and said that he had a very important job to do and so did I. He said that he needed me to try something for him and his friends back in the lab... I was so naive.. He brought me the next day to the lab. They sat me in a chair and said that I was about to change the fate of my generation. I.... They.." Haechan took a deep and shaky breathe.

"The machines turned on and I fell asleep. When I woke up, my father was beside me. Normally seeing his face I would feel saftey and joy.. But I felt nothing. They took me back and isolated me to our home. Dad said it was just apart of his job... For the next couple of weeks, i longed to feel something. Anything at all... But I felt nothing.. One day I was gonna..... I was gonna end it. All of it. I started with just a cut on my arm, longing to feel anything, even pain. And it came.. But it wasn't enough." Renjun found himself crying with Haechan as the boy recalled the painful memories.

"One day I left the house. I was looking for something to cause more pain. More pain then the dull blade I had used for weeks. In an alley, a man.." Haechan shuddered as he remembered the face and name vividly. "He.. His name was... Ch-Chanyeol.." He said, remembering the way the man had hissed his name in his ear. "He hurt me. He caused the pain I had been looking for. He said he was going to kill me.. Then they found me. First Taeyong started to knock him out, Ten helped and Johnny usherd me to saftey."

They had stopped walking and were now standing side by side. Haechan's hand was interlocked with Renjun's and the older slowly rubbed his thumb in a soft circle on the youngers hand. Haechan looked grateful for the comfort and he continued.