#33

Chenle looked at the achingly fimiliar figure across the field with longing in his eyes. He felt Jeno beside him fade to nothing just as he did every night, and began to run towards the figure, tears streaming down his cheeks.

Once he was close enough that they were only a couple paces away he reached out to the boy, who took a step further from him. Chenle frowned and called out to the boy softly.

"Jaemin... Brother... What's wrong?"
Jaemin stared at him in disbelief.

"What's wrong? Chenle... Chenle......" Jaemin felt lost. Tears fell down his cheeks and he angrily wiped them away.

Why was he crying?

He shouldn't cry.

Empty.

That's how he should feel.

That's what would fix everything.. If everyone could just mindlessly comply..

"Lele.. I can never forgive myself for what I did.. And neither should you.. I..." A bitter sort of silence fell over them, the dying field around them swaying in the harsh breeze, pulling Jaemin's hair into his face and his tears in the wind. Jaemin hugged himself to try and protect against the bitter cold that blew past them.

"I fucking killed you Chenle! I let you die and watched you burn before me and then just left you to bleed out alone on the ground!!" Chenle looked at his older brother, concern and understanding in his soft gaze. He stepped forward, and this time, Jaemin let him.

He reached out.

And he took his older brother in his embrace.

He let Jaemin cry into his shoulder.
He felt tears well in his own eyes as he breathed in his brothers warm scent.
And for the first time since he ended up here, he felt comfort.

Home.

He felt home.

"Jaemin... I forgive you...."

Jaemin felt the world falling all around him and all he could remember was his brothers embrace as the cold harshness of reality woke him up.

"Jaemin.. I.. Forgive you...." Chenle's voice broke as he spoke. He knew his Brother was gone. He knew he was no longer safe. He knew he was once again alone.

And his heart burned with regret as he looked at the sky.

"Oh Jisung.. When will you find me..." He stood up and continued to watch the sky.

"I'm right here!!" He yelled, hearing his voice echo around with no one to receive it.

"I'm right.. Here....

Ji..

Jisungie....

I'm right here.

-tbc-

AN: kind of a short chapter sorry I just we have to biuld a bit more story and character before we move on.

After all, you cant kill off/ruin a character that never had any emotion attached to it..

😀

~💚