#6 Run

The boy looked up at the fimiliar parking lot, excited at what he thought he would find. The small boy beside him gripped his shirt and clung to him tightly.

"Are you certain he'll be here?" The tall boy nodded reassuringly and cupped the boys face, cheeks red from crying.

"Of course"

Jeno walked down the ramp in the lot. He didn't really know the way back but he figured he would find it eventually. Taeyong had dismissed him to tell his friends about everything and said to report back when they have made a desision. So that's why he was now aimlessly wandering the bottom floor, looking for anything fimiliar that would hint he was going the right way. He smiled fondly when he saw a fimiliar face. Without thought he called to him.

"Renjunie! You alright?.." He said noticing his friend was alone. Renjun nodded still lost in thought. He looked up and gave a small forced smile.

"I just needed some fresh air.." He said before looking off elsewhere again. Jeno aproached and put an arm around the older.

"I know something else is wrong.. You can tell me if you want..." Renjun looked up and met Jeno's eyes.

"It's... It's about all this empathy stuff.. When Haechan walked away I.. I felt something I haven't felt before... I've never felt it before.. It was as if I was in pain with Haechan. And it didn't stop until I comforted him.... Jeno, we have to stay. I have to know why I felt that way." Jeno looked at him and smiled.

"Then let's ask Jaemin.. Taeyong said we could..." Renjun's eyes lit up and he grabbed the youngers eyes, dragging him to the nearby staircase and bringing him to where Jaemin was.

Jaemin was in the "sleeping room" with Yuta. As Jaemin arranged things, a motherly air about him, Yuta was smiling and chatting about something.

"I really hope you get to stay! I think Haechan could use the company!" He looked up and noticed Renjun and Jeno. His smile widened a bit and Renjun spoke happily.

"Jaemin, we can stay!!" Jaemin stood and went to the both of them. Jeno was beside Renjun with an arm over the olders shoulder. Jaemin grabbed their hands and gave them each a short kiss on the forehead, his sweet smile not leaving for a second.

"That's great!" He said. He turned a bit, nit meeting anyone's gaze. "Renjun, can you leave for a bit.." Renjun's smile faded.

"Oh.. Sure...." He obeyed. Once he was gone Jaemin spoke.

"I can't stay.."

"What?! But, Renjun, the police, his father, we... We have to protect him!"