BEAUTIFUL COMPANY

Or old connections meets new experiences. 3331 words

The thick fog of early morning air surrounded Peridot, who was gently swaying on a swing all alone. She swung there in an empty  park on a large grassy field. The tandem swing set was meant for two, so she was waiting for someone to spend time with in the new autumn weather. Perhaps other things, as well.  Hopefully, the fog was enough to cover the various blood cells collected in her cheeks.

Peridot made sure she was absolutely clear in what she was in for today. She brushed her blonde bangs out the way to read old text messages from the night before. Her stomach turned into a basket of loose feathers after re-reading the intimate conversations she had with her new girlfriend.

What first began as a conversation about blowing off homework turned absolutely naughty, and ended with a promise of relations the next time they were free. Peridot didn't hesitate clearing her Saturday for the moment she had been waiting her whole life for.

Peridot could feel her heart throb out of her chest. She was about to have sex for the first time, knowing that came with a muddle of emotions. Anxiety included. To shake it away, she kicked out and pushed in for a much higher swing.

The heights she reached couldn't stop the thoughts of something going terribly wrong. For the past few weeks knowing Lapis, everything from their friendship to the latter had been smooth sailing. Peridot had been in the dating arena for awhile, and none of the people she'd dated had been worthy enough for such pleasantries. But this time proved to be much different, and Peridot felt ready for it. She just couldn't shake the feeling of possible inadequacy. Maybe she should've had sex just for the experience so she wouldn't act like such a fool when it came time to make real love. Her feet extended downward to drag her shoes into the wood chips below, stopping herself in place.

A fur ball bearing orange fur ran under Peridot's swing, and barked frantically for her petting. "D'awww, good morning Pumpkin! Who's a good egg?" Peridot delighted the canine with a few scratches under the muzzle and ear. "Now, where's your mommy?"

On cue came Lapis' arms, caressing Peridot's body through the inside of the swing's chains. Peridot almost jumped when she completed the hug by tucking her close, swinging her feet off the wood chips. Peridot looked up to the smiling face of her girlfriend, and questioned if that moment was just a beautiful dream, until their lips met. The kiss Peridot waited for, the longing of Lapis, both made her lips melt amongst hers. She softly moaned when that first kiss didn't seem to end for ions.

"Mmm, here I am," Lapis breathed in her face, punctuated by another stolen kiss. It was quick, and soon she pulled away so she could sit in the vacant swing.  Peridot went back to petting Pumpkin, and gave her girlfriend a nice, "I can't wait any longer" smile.

"I've never seen the fog look this heavy. It feels super bleak, almost sinister." Lapis said as she began to swing, "Wow, you look great today! Are you wearing makeup? Because I definitely tasted some weird lip gloss."

"I wanted to look nice for you, so, you know..."

Lapis brushed the rouge bangs hanging in Peridot's face lovingly to get herself a good look. "I know. You're beautiful, and I hope you know that."

Hearing that made Peridot flustered, and she had a weird laugh to herself while maintaining her Pumpkin petting.

"You ready to go?" Lapis offered. Suddenly, Peridot's mouth was as dry as cotton. A simple nod was enough for Lapis to get up and extend a hand for Peridot to hold. The three of them exited the field, with the playground disappearing into the fog behind them, and so began their trot to Lapis' place.