DISBELIEF

Or the one where Peridot couldn't believe what she's hearing. 3216 words.

"Bullshit, Lazuli, Bull...shit."

That made Lapis roll her eyes at her, "Believe it or not, it happened."

Peridot began sizing her up, searching for signs of dishonesty, "Okay...when exactly?"

"Um...which time?"

That's when pure shock washed over her, making her eyes wide and she shouted, "MORE THAN ONCE?! YOU'VE DONE IT MORE THAN ONE TIME?!"

"It's true."

"Yeah, right." Peridot faced away from her, to not give her the satisfaction of taking part in this sick joke.

Lapis wasn't really worried about Peridot taking her seriously at this point. However, she did have a bit of confusion as to why Peridot didn't believe her right away. Gay just sticks to Lapis like peanut butter on toast.

Peridot waited a full minute before demanding more information out of her. "With whom?"

"Peridot that's none of your business."

Peridot looked like she was really thinking hard about this, as if she was given the world's most confusing pop quiz. "I just feel a little misguided is all. We've been best friends for years and I had no idea."

"I'm sorry, Peri."

"Well?" Peridot insisted.

"Well what?"

"The other girl, Lapis. Who was it?"

Lapis only shrugged at her. "To be honest, I didn't think you would be interested."

"NOT INTERESTED? WHY THE FUCK WOULD I NOT BE INTERESTED?" Peridot's shouting came off exasperated.

"I thought you'd be surprised and I was right. Also a little disgusted."

"What? You've never been so wrong about me in your life," Peridot sounded slightly hurt at her best friend's assumptions. "Tell me why you would ever think that of me, and tell me why we haven't you know...try it ourselves. I mean your here at my place almost every night, we've had nothing but golden opportunities-"

"PERIDOT!" Lapis shouted, her face turning beet, as she began to surprise herself when confessing, "I have tried to make moves on you several times. You're just so dense you don't pick up on the dozen hints I have given."

"Several times? When?" Peridot asked, sounding belligerent.

Lapis thought for a second, "Actually it was last week."

"Well I'm sure it wasn't that obvious, or I would've remembered."

"Last Tuesday, you were in the kitchen. I came up behind you and wrapped my arms around your waist and squeezed."

"Nyeh heh heh ha," Peridot laughed dismissively, "That wasn't you coming on to me."

"I guess not, but a few weeks ago I made the exact same move on someone else and got the desired result."

That gave time for Peridot to go deep in thought, "So you're saying, if I squeezed you back..."

"Than your answer would have been clear to me. With you squeezing me back would have been reassuring so it can escalate further. That's how it works."

Peridot hesitates, "S-seriously?"

"Well think about it like this, if a guy you like came behind you and did the same what would your next move be?"

Peridot went back to thinking again, "No I get it, but what if I had been in the wrong? If it was a guy, no big deal, but someone of the same sex it's different. What if I took your hand and placed it on my boob or something inside that hug? I would be wrong if it was just a friendly embrace."