LAST DAY IN PARADISE

Or learning to say goodbye by capturing an intimate moment.
(4912 words)

Lapis is feeling sick to her stomach after watching the sun rise in its entirety this morning. A restless night to pass the time holding her dozing partner in such a way it would surpass regular cuddling.

You could practically feel the needy possessed vibe in her entanglement, if up close. Peridot found the comfort to sleep through it somehow, she'd often toss and turn, but that's all her sleep allows.

When it was time for the little spoon to finally awake it came out with a hum. Like a dinner bell, Lapis immediately responds and treats Peridot with an inescapable bear hug. 

Triggering her girlfriend's face to disappear smiling deep into a pillow. That's when Peridot's subconscious brings her back to a time fondly she was considered a stranger in Lapis' bed. Those first nights together, those playful sessions after dark and all completed to a brisk morning of aftercare.

She took it as pleasantries at first, until Peridot caught on to Lapis' behavior quickly and remembered why today is so unsettling. This is her cry for help, she was like this last night too.

It would be their final time together, for awhile at least. At the very most, they're dealing with three months of separation. Leaving the room and the mood disheveled as the two girls are left lingering in mixed emotions. Bittersweet happiness for Peridot who received her acceptance letter to the school of her dreams. Achieving a major step in life all at the cost of moving a few states away.

And a fuck-ton of confusion spawning from Lapis who couldn't lay rest to the demons of an uncertain future where she falls out of Peridot's interest. The unknown never sits right with her, bothered her to the point of inducing mass touch therapy with Peridot all night.

Peridot's eyelids slowly began to rise, only to have them shut again to Lapis sealing a deep kiss onto the ridge of her neck.

"I tried Peridot, I really did. I couldn't find my zen let alone any sleep. At all. Today hasn't even started, yet this day is already killing me," Lapis softly groans. Peridot tried to face her, Lapis denies it by dragging those small hips upwards into the pocket of her spoon.
The forceful action prevented Peridot from seeing her face, Lapis' puffy tear stained face from a night of silent weeping over her greatest love. "Wait! Let's just stay in this position like this...forever," Lapis says sounding bothered

Peridot gave her a cheerful giggle, given the fact that she understands why Lapis putting out an awful lot of energy just to reel her emotions at bay. And failing bad. Peridot obeys and kept her face towards the window to spare Lapis' vulnerable state, "You don't have to loose sleep over this, or me for that matter," she whispers.

"I am loosing more than just sleep, I'm losing... everything."

"I sure hope you that doesn't include me! Love it or not, you are honor-bound to all this!" Peridot holds out both thumbs and points them at herself for Lapis to see.

Lapis blooms making her cheeks flush and pleas, "Stop being cute, it'll only make me miss you more."

Peridot can lay on the charm, but inside she's as vulnerable as Lapis when it comes to goodbyes, even brief ones. Pretty soon life for her will change for the "better" leaving behind a girlfriend of two years. Peridot held on to the arm placed around her.