COLD COBBLER

(2453 words) - unedited
Or the one where Lapis wants some evening pie and so does Peridot. It gets hella messy food kink trash!

Peridot opens the oven door to be greeted with warmth and the smell of sheets of cookie dough and other various pastries being baked. She holds out a small fork to puncture the inside of a traditional yellow cake, having the fork coming out clean meaning it's ready.
Perfect, Peridot pulls the steaming cake out of her oven and sets it on a kitchen windowsill to cool.

Peridot's thrill for baking was shown when she throws off her oven mitts and smiling hard in her little apron at Lapis who is sulking at the table taking waves of hot flashes, "Still not ready?" she asks.

"No! That was the cake, with that out of the way I can finally start on the cobbler," Peridot answers. Lapis sinks further into the chair disappointed at the fact that she has to wait a few hours longer also her disgust at the mere mention of cake.

Her critically acclaimed pastry chef girlfriend is warming up for a dessert show being held downtown tomorrow. Peridot is out for blood this year and for the past few months after her grand opening of her corner bakery just a neighborhood over, honing her skills to become as proficient as possible in the culinary arts. And her progress screams multitudes. People from allover the tristate area come to 'Peri's Berries' to enjoy a wide arrange of breads, cakes and pastries.

If she wins this year, the prize money will go straight to her business, then she'll be able to sell her delicious treats online and around the world. Lapis has her heart set on one of Peridot's specialties. A blackberry cobbler, Peridot only made one in her time as a pastry chef as a birthday gift for Lapis' twenty-second. She could recall every beautiful moment in her life, eating that pie could very much top it all. The cobbler was a Devine gift as if some pie god came by to bless each flake of crust and each flavorful blackberry to be glorious. Lapis describes it as , 'mouth orgasmic.'

That was six months ago. When Lapis found out Peridot will be making that very dish for the competition she had no choice but to call out for work today.

Peridot sees Lapis making due in her stressed state, "you know you didn't have to miss work for this,"

"I think you know why I had to," Lapis says with much grief.

"Yeah, I'm trying to, it's only a cobbler Lapis, it would've been here when you got back."

"No! I have to be right here the moment it comes out of he oven," Lapis points out.

Peridot grins at Lapis' behavior feeling proud the Lapis has such an attraction to her food. She would make Lapis wait on a million cobblers just to have a few more moments with Lapis' sad puppy routine.

"I'm just going to take a short break before I begin. Since it's one of my specialities and I'm making two just to appease you and the judges, I have to make sure I get it right. Go lie down for me, I'll call you when it's almost ready."

"Okay I get it, I'm overcrowding your kitchen I'll go, just make sure you wake me up!"

(Dreamscape)

Lapis didn't take long to completely crash on the living room couch. Her nerves finally rested and so did she in a deep sleep only her favorite dessert could wake her up from.

The spirit that makes her crazy for Peridot's cobbler has still taken hold as she relived that very first bite by dreaming about her past birthday. Every detail was mimicked perfect in her dreamscape, she privately celebrated with her new girlfriend of four months who had insisted on inviting Lapis to her place for a nice birthday dinner.