SECRET SHOPPERS

Or the one where they cash in the V card

(4000 words)

Midday at an upscale apartment complex. The occupants of room 7152 were enjoying a nice lunch together in their own breakfast nook.  Lapis skipped eating her salad as her time has been heavily invested searching the web, and Peridot has been enjoying a bit of dessert. The topic was sex and these conversations happen on a daily basis between close roommates usually ending on positive note.

"We are two good looking twenty year olds, who can't get boyfriends for some reason and are still complete virgins," Lapis looks up from her laptop to see a Peridot eating out of a huge tub of French vanilla ice cream with a big solid spoon, "We might as well be lesbians,"

Peridot's bite of ice cream went down the wrong pipe causing her to choke in front of Lapis when that 'L' word came into fruition. She excused her coughing fit with a lone finger.

"Geez, Peridot its only ice cream, get a grip,"

"Excuse me, but I don't know about that, I mean between the both of us you're the only one who got close to being penetrated," Peridot reminds her.

"Not even, that guy came in his pants while fingering me and I still don't know how that happens," Lapis says sounding defeated.

Peridot thinks to herself, she hasn't had a lot of luck dealing with the opposite sex and hadn't found anyone to deem worthy of giving her precious virginity too, "Its a shame that we can't take our own virginities, instead of waiting for a guy in our lives to do so."

Lapis perks up from hearing her suggestion and completely stops what she was browsing to visit another site, "Maybe we can," she said to Peridot. Her best friend was halfway out of ice cream when she stood up from the table to see what Lapis is on about.

She almost spat out vanilla everywhere seeing Lapis shopping around for sex toys.

"I was only half serious, we can't---"

"And why not?" Lapis interjects, "We haven't had much luck in the dating department, who better than to rip our vaginas then ourselves and some reasonably priced dick shaped pieces of plastic?"

Peridot contemplated her friend's words and thought about societies standards towards sex, she would often keep up at night fantasizing that faithful night she cashes in her V-card. She had never thought about the possibility of taking her own for that matter, to her that would be accepting defeat.

"I don't know Lapis, isn't this just the equivalent of giving up?" Peridot asked,

"Well for one, Its feminist as fuck, plus you wouldn't go through it alone,"

"And wh-what do you mean by that?" Peridot becoming hastily defensive out of nowhere.

"We'll both be in our own rooms and I'll be spiritually holding your hand through out our whole process," Lapis entrusts.

Peridot was under the impression that Lapis was going to help, but with her being right there behind closed doors did give her sense of levity.

"All right Lapis you're on, show me the right tools for the job," Peridot agrees.

"Pull up a chair, we are going dildo shopping," Lapis says.