✨Slow dancing in the dark✨

Oop only twelve more chapters left...

*****************

It has been officially two weeks since Kai and Mary Beth got together. When everyone found out they weren't shocked that it happened. But they were still surprised. Caroline was happy but a little upset that Mary Beth didn't tell her.

Bonnie was happy that sh was happy but otherwise couldn't care less. Damon, Alaric and Jeremy felt the same way. Elena wasn't entirely sure how to feel about it. She went along like it was nothing. She wasn't about to tell Mary Beth what to do. She knew she had a mind of her own. Stubborn little-

"Called it." Bonnie said when she first found out. She was just visiting and this is the charade she come home to?

"And you didn't tell me!?" Caroline exclaimed.

"Hmm." Alaric was heard saying from the phone Damon was holding.

"I know who knew?" Elena said not looking up from her book.

"I'm sorry everyone that me being in a relationship is such shocking news but we have to go." Mary Beth said grabbing Kai's hand.

"Where it's about to be night?" Damon questioned.

"None of your business Damon." Elena said. "Be safe."

"Use protection!" Alaric yelled from the phone.

"Don't die." Bonnie said lazily.

"I hate you guys." Mary Beth replied walking out.

"No you don't." Stefan said as she closed the door.

"Where are we going exactly?" Kai questioned. "I'm wasn't planning on going out tonight but I'm good wherever you are."

"I'm not sure. But I needed to get out of that house and everyone's staring eyes and endless questions." She explained.

"I have a place."

"Where?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Kai this is breaking and entering!" She whisper-yelled.

"Shh." He replies using his magic to open the door to the diner.

This was the diner they always went to for...anything really. It was a cute little old fashioned diner that Mary Beth adored.

"The owners won't know." He said grabbing her hand to walk inside.

"Still. I'm pretty sure this is illegal."

"We are supernatural creatures. We'll be fine."

He walked behind the counter and out on an apron. Mary Beth was wearing his jacket because it got cold outside. Even though she didn't want it.

"What can I get you young lady?" Kai questioned as she sat down at the island.

"Hmm. I'm not sure what are your specials?"

"Well you can a get a kiss on the house if you'd like." He said puckering his lips.

"I'm not sure my boyfriend would like that." She laughed.

"I don't think he'll mind." He mumbled leaning closer.

He kissed her sweetly still the happiest person on earth. Mary Beth got butterflies in her stomach making Kai feel then too.

Kai came from behind the counter and grabbed her hands. He turned on the stereo and some 80's song came on.

"Wow this place really is old fashioned. May I have this dance." He asked extending his hand.

"You may sir."

"Why do you have a British accent?" He asked putting her arm around her waist.

"I'm not sure. It's a habit." She replied still speaking in the accent.

"I love it." He leaned over to kiss her.

She thought they were corny. But she also didn't care. They were slow dancing in the dark, literally. All of the lights were turned off except a couple making it dark and spooky. But she felt safe in Kai's arms.

So she laid her head down on his chest and they kept dancing, her happiness spreading to him.