007.

007, 𝗡𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗩𝗘.

Mackayla stomped up the walkway, getting to the front door. She let herself in, not caring whether or not the boy's parents were home. However, right when she walked in, she saw his mother. A glowing smile crossed the woman's face.

"Don't tell me you and my son have finally gotten back together!" she exclaimed, throwing Mackayla into a tight hug. "G! Mat and Kayla are back together!" she scurried out the room to find her husband.

Mackayla made a straight beeline for Mattia's room. She stomped up the stairs and stomped the rest of the way to his room. She opened the door, waiting at the doorway for him to notice her. She stepped inside and close the door.

Then, she walked behind him and sat on his bed. Instead of "doing his homework", he was playing Fifa. Finally, he took off his headset and turned to her.

"Bro, get the fuck out!"

"No," she crossed her arms against her chest.

"Who the fuck let you in?"

"Your dog. Nigga, your mom."

"I already said I'm done talking to you."

"And I said we need to talk either way. Why do you hate me so much?"

Mattia was silent for a few moments. "I don't."

"You don't what?"

"... Hate you," he answered quietly this time.

"Well, you fucking act like you do. And I do nothing to deserve that shit. Anytime I open my mouth, it's an eye roll, a sly remark, or some rude shit."

"Mackayla, I can't be friends with you. Not after everything."

"Dude, that was, like, three months ago!"

"And? I still can't be friends or even remotely friendly with you."

"Why the fuck not, Mattia?" she shouted even louder.

"Because if I am, then I'll be forcing myself for something I'm not ready for. I'll have to be fucking  friends with the first girl I ever let myself love. I'll have to be friends with Caleb."

"I think you meant Christian."

"What?"

"My boyfriend's name is Christian. Not Caleb."

"That doesn't fucking matter, Mac. Either way, I'm not ready to be all buddy-buddy with you, and I don't think I ever will be."

"Yeah, well, I know you're mad that shit isn't going your way for the first time ever, but you're gonna have to man up. This shit is so much bigger than just me and you. You're fucking up the group dynamic."

"Me? It's you, Mac. You're the only girl. You're always so fucking moody. You act like you're in charge of us. You think you're funny. When you're fucking not. And ever since we broke up, shit's been off."

"When we broke up, I not only lost my boyfriend, but I lost my best fucking friend, Tia!" Mackayla paused for a second. Should she keep going? She decided she should.

"We've been friends since the fucking first grade, Tia. And when we broke up, you threw all that shit away like it didn't matter. Like I didn't matter."

For the first time that night, Mackayla let a tear slip. Not only that, but it was the first time that night that Mattia had been speechless. He was silent.

Another tear slipped, and more followed that. Mackayla stared at her feet. Maybe it was a bad idea coming.

"Come here," Mattia stood up. He walked over to Mackayla, wrapping his arms around her shoulders. She rested her head against his chest. She tried not to hiccup or hyperventilate, but being back in his arms did something to her.

"I love you, Mac; I always have, and I always will. But as of right now, I can't be friends with you. After hearing everything we both said, I realized that it's not a good idea for either of us."

𝗥𝗜𝗬𝗔'𝗦 𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗦.
the boys did that for halloween,
and i live by that. 🤰🏾