049.

049, 𝗡𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗩𝗘.

"Hi," Mattia spoke when Mackayla reluctantly answered. "Hi," Mackayla replied. "I'll catch up with you guys later," she told the group of friends. She then peeled off from the group, walking away. Carli and Janae followed behind her like the protective friends they were. It was now night time, and they didn't want their friend to get kidnapped.

"Let me talk, and then you can talk, okay?" Mattia proposed. Mackayla nodded, humming in agreement.

"I'm sorry for this whole thing happening in the first place. I get where you're coming from about the whole her being alone with me, but it isn't up to you, Mac, who comes in and out of my house. You have to trust me, and if you did, you wouldn't be mad to begin with."

"Nigga, shut up," Carli muttered. "First of all, stop screaming, bitch, you sound stupid, you sound very ignorant. Shut the fuck up," Janae added. "Shut up," Mackayla whispered back.

"I'm not mad, though. I don't care anymore. You're being a hypocrite. How is it okay for her to be in your room... alone... with you, but when I hang out with my friends in a group of people, you catch an attitude? Make it make sense, Mattia."

Mackayla took a seat at a picnic table, and the two girls followed her, sitting across from her.

"I don't get attitudes, but okay. That's a you thing, and you interrupted me," Mattia responded.

"Go ahead and continue."

"No, that was all I had to say."

Mackayla rolled her eyes. "Okay, well, now you listen to me. I trust you more than I trust anybody else in this world, and if you can't see that or don't believe that, you're blind and delusional. It's these childish ass, little ass girls who think just because they get your attention for all of a second, they're big and bad enough to 'steal' you from me, that I don't trust."

"If I didn't trust you, I wouldn't bother to be with you, because without trust, there's no relationship. As Big Sean once said, 'us, trust; a couple things I can't spell without you'."

"Okay, baby, listen, I hear you, and I'm so—"

"Matti, we should go eat somewhere," Mackayla heard in the background.

"Baby, hold on," Mattia said. "Who's that? I thought your mom was traveling?"

"Is that Mackayla? Tell her I said hi, and that I'm so sorry for any miscommunications," the voice said again.

Carli and Janae looked at each other, the same thought floating through both of their minds.

"It's nobody. Hold on, though," Mattia said once again.

"Nigga," Carli commented. "Mattia, stop fucking playing with me. I know that that is not the same bitch that caused all of this in the first place," Mackayla said through gritted teeth.

"Baby, hold on!" Mattia raised his voice. Mackayla scoffed, letting out a laugh.

"No, Mattia, deadass, you got to be fucking kidding me. For someone who's sorry, you're not doing a very good job at showing it."

Mattia wasn't talking at this point. He muted himself, and Mackayla could only assume the worst.

"Okay, I'm back, hi, baby."

"Nigga, shut up. Is that Devin? Yes or no?"

"Yes, but I can explain. She's going through a lo—"

"Nigga, shut up! I'm deadass so tired of hearing you make excuses for hurting Mackayla or for fucking up. She doesn't deserve any of the shit you put her through," Carli interrupted him.

"You're dumb as fuck, Mattia. You keep fucking up, and all that shit shouldn't be put on Kayla. When you're not on games anymore, talk to Mackayla. But until then, stop making her look stupid," Janae concluded.

"This isn't your business, but okay," Mattia responded.

"No, but it's mine and yours. And this is bullshit, 'Tia. I love you and all, but this is exhausting. I don't want shit to be like this, but you're out of your fucking mind, still having that female in your house after all that shit she pulled. Over the internet. It'd be like me being alone with Christian, after that nigga did what he did."

"Mac, I love yo—"

"Matti, I'm bored!"

"Shut the fuck up!" Mackayla, Mattia, Carli, and Janae all shouted. "I don't feel welcomed, so I'm gonna leave," Devin said. "I'll come back when you're off the phone with that girl," Devin added.

"No, the fuck you won't," Mackayla replied. "Mac, I'll call you back," and with that, Mattia hung up.

"And you won't answer," Carli stood up. Janae followed, and they waited for Mackayla, but Mackayla didn't stand up.

"I wanna cry," the girl croaked. "Don't be a bitch, Kayla," Janae said.

"So much shit happened these past few days, and I just want to cry. I should've never left Jersey. None of this would've happened," Mackayla buried her face in her hands.

"Then, you would've never known your man wasn't shit."

"But he isn't... ain't shit. I don't know if that made sense. But he's the sweetest dude ever, and sometimes, he isn't. And I don't know why he even chooses to show the side of him that isn't. And fuck, I wanna cry," Mackayla mumbled against her hands.

"Then cry, crybaby," Carli sat on one side of Mackayla, and Janae sat on the other. They both threw their arms around her, holding her as tight as they could. Mackayla let out all of her frustration and anger in the arms of her two closest female friends.

𝗥𝗜𝗬𝗔'𝗦 𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗦.
a select few of you guys are...
something else. talm bout some
"omg he's right", or "she's being
dramatic".

ogey? and? like, thank you for
your opinion and your input, but
i must have all timers because i
really DO NOT REMEMBER
ASKING.

also, my friends told me what to
do for this chapter, so if they end
up breaking up, blame reya, miya,
riley, and jenifer. 😍

i wrote all of that ^ yesterday, but
now i'm in a mood and i want
everybody to pull a hannah baker
🧍🏿‍♂️.