036.

036, 𝗡𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗩𝗘.

Mattia paced back and forth on the porch, not knowing what to do. He couldn't be in a room with the girl who didn't love him back and act like everything was okay. He felt selfish when all of his friends were there too, but Mattia refused. He could go inside, and try to be an asset to his friend group, but he had too much going through his mind.

Just a few feet from him, rain was pouring down onto the streets of Little Falls. The only light on the streets coming from the moon or the dim streetlights. Mattia heard the door open, and he turned around. "'Tia?" the girl croaked. She stood at the door, looking at him with worry for him in her eyes.

"What, Mackayla?" he hissed, annoyance laced in his voice. Mackayla stepped out, "Can we talk?"

Mattia turned to look at her, and finally, his face softened, and he nodded. Mackayla sat on the porch swing, waiting for Mattia to join her. When he did, Mackayla didn't know how to say what she wanted to. She had this feeling, but she just couldn't put it into the right words.

"What did you, um, what did you want to talk about?" Mattia asked, growing worried since the girl wasn't talking.

"Um," Mackayla decided she'd just go with whatever came out her mouth. "When we don't talk, or when we're not on good terms, it, um, it makes really fucking sad, and I feel like a part of me is missing. And I don't want to ever feel like that again."

"I'm sorry for always giving you mixed signals and being complicated. And um, I'm sorry for ruining things while they're good. I'm sorry for playing with your feelings. I shouldn't have strung you along when I was the only one who didn't know what I wanted."

"But, uh, I think I know what I want now, and I promise you I'm in it for the long run."

"No matter what, you're my best friend, and your feelings and what you want should be put first. B-But I'm not saying that's why I'm even saying this. I've been doing some thinking of my own, and I realized that without you, I'm a lesser version of myself."

"This sounds cheesy, but you make me ‒ Yeah, no, hold on," Mackayla stopped herself. She looked at Mattia, who was holding back a smile.

"Get to the point or I'm leaving," Mattia stood up. Mackayla, being the stubborn girl she was, didn't reply. Mattia continued walking toward the edge of the porch. He stepped down the front steps, into the rain. He turned to look at Mackayla as he continued slowly backing up. "I love you, and I want to be with you," Mackayla muttered.

"I can't hear you!" Mattia teased. Mackayla stood up, standing at the edge of the porch. She looked up at the sky, then back at Mattia. "I love you, and I wanna be with you," she said, looking directly at him. Mattia shook his head, a goofy smile appearing on his face.

"I hate you," Mackayla stepped into the rain, slowly walking over to Mattia. "Say it again," Mattia instructed.

"Dude, I love you, and I wanna be with you. Fuck whatever I said in the past," Mackayla admitted.

"Dude, finally!" Mattia shouted into the night. Mackayla giggled, grabbing ahold of the boy's hands. She held them, swinging them back and forth. "I love you more, Mac, and I've been waiting for this moment since ‒ I don't even know."

Mackayla pressed her lips to Mattia's, her heart doing backflips inside of her. The front door squeaked open.

"Gay!" Kairi and Mariano shouted.

"Finally!" Alvaro, Alejandro, Robert, and Mateo yelled.

"Whoo!" Josh hooted.

"You niggas gay as hell!" Roshaun added.

Mackayla and Mattia turned to the boys, grinning from ear to ear. They looked at each other then back at the boys. Mattia took the girl's hand, intertwining his fingers with hers. Mackayla looked down at their hands, smiling even bigger.

"This is gay; come inside before you guys get sick," Alejandro said as the rest of the boys headed back into the house.

𝗥𝗜𝗬𝗔'𝗦 𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗦.
two updates in a day 🤝. anyway,
i'm thinking i keep this going for
a little longer because i had an idea.
so um, this isn't ending anytime
soon. bye 😍😘🥰