021.

021, 𝗡𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗩𝗘.
━ trigger warning!
may trigger some of
the readers. skip to
the end if you don't
want to read content
which includes mentions
of sexual assault, abuse,
etc.

Mackayla played with her fingers as she paced back and forth across her bedroom floor. The boys just looked at each other ━ from each other to Mackayla's phone where Roshaun and Alvaro were projected. "Yo, Mac, you're scaring us. Just say it," Alejandro spoke up, causing the other boys to nod.

"Just wanna say that if you're pregnant, we're hanging up," Alvaro stated. "I bet she's pregnant," Kairi laughed.

"I'd laugh if you were pregnant," Alejandro said. "I doubt she's pregnant. I doubt she and Connor have even made out," Mattia decided. "How's that any of your business?" Mackayla snapped.

"She's pregnant. Look at the hormones!" Roshaun screeched. "Oh, shit. Aight, Imma head out," Alejandro stood up.

"I'm not pregnant! Shut up! You're a bunch of dumbasses. I'm just thinking. I don't know how to tell you guys what I'm about to tell you," she clarified.

The grins and laughs fell from the boys' faces, deciding to be quiet.

After a few more moments of silence, Mackayla decided she knew what to say. "Okay, so, Christian and I are dating," Mackayla began. The boys looked at her like she was dumb.

"Of course you know that. Okay, anyway! So, we've been dating for a while. Not as long as me and 'Tia were, but long enough. Anyway, things were okay ━ good, even. And then, one day, um... They just weren't?" the girl paused.

"I swear to God if he ever laid his hands on you," Mattia said through gritted teeth.

"It was before Moms got back, but it was like shit just got downhill from that. He started getting controlling and possessive. After he realized where you guys stood in my life, he decided he couldn't trust me. He would pop up here unannounced, or even when I told him I didn't want him here."

"And one day, um..." Mackayla paused, swiping her tongue over her bottom lip. She looked up at the ceiling, trying to hold back a tear. "He came over, and I didn't want him there. At all. And..." she paused once again.

"And we were on my bed, and I was ignoring him. I-I could tell he was getting mad, and then he sat closer to me. And he put his hand on my leg, and he started telling me he loved me, and how he'd never hurt me. And um, he got on top of me, and he started kissing me, and ━"

"Fuck this. I'm not listening to this," Mattia stood up. "Sit down. I'm not done," Mackayla said. "Please."

With that, Mattia sat down. Mackayla looked at her friends, seeing the tears in their eyes, the anger built up inside them.

"And in that moment, I felt so fucking helpless. I always told myself that if I was ever in that situation, I wouldn't just sit there and take it. But, um, you never think it'll be someone close to you. That same night, my mom came back, and she wasn't any different than before."

"She met Christian, and they started talking about how much they both love me, and how obedient I am. Me being the weak, dumb bitch I am, I sat there and cried. Later on, Christian held me as I cried. He laughed, but I realized that same night that I didn't care anymore. Not fully, at least. I was indifferent to the situation," she shrugged."

"Christian said that he'd be there for me always, and that, at the end of the day, he'd be the only person who ever would."

"And you know how when you're in a relationship, and shit may be bad, but there's good moments too? There's moments when you believe that your significant other is changing? That things might actually be okay? That they actually do love you? Or that it's only temporary? That's why I stayed. Because of the moments like that," Mackayla finally let a tear slip. She wiped it right away, and she could feel her legs beginning to shake.

"But I am so tired of pretending like everything's okay. I'm so tired of everything, and I don't know what to do. And I'm sorry for putting this all on you guys. I don't even know why I told you guys, but I'm sorry."

"The fuck are you apologizing for?" Alvaro asked from the phone. "Deadass," Roshaun agreed.

"I-I don't know. I didn't mean to ruin things. I just wanted to explain everything to you g ━ " Alejandro approached Mackayla, pulling her into his arms. Mattia and Kairi sat on the bed, trying to wrap their heads around everything the girl had just told them. Mackayla hiccuped against Alejandro's chest, Alejandro holding her as tightly as he could.

"I-I'm gonna fucking kill him," Mattia muttered. "I'm so sorry I'm not there," Roshaun said.

"Me too, bro," Alvaro agreed.

"Mac, what do you want us to do? B-because I'll kill him. I'll fucking kill him," Mattia asked. Mackayla removed herself from Alejandro's arms. She walked over to Mattia. He looked up at her from his spot on her bed, his eyes red from the tears. Mackayla stood in front of him, in between his legs.

"I don't want you guys to do anything. I just wanted you to listen, and you did. But please, don't do anything. I'll handle this, some way," the girl let another tear slip.

For Mackayla and Mattia, it was like they were the only people in the room. "I can't just sit here and act like you didn't just tell us all that shit. I can't just act like he didn't hurt you," Mattia responded.

"Well, I don't want you to do anything. So, promise me you won't."

Mattia didn't say anything. Mackayla held his head with her hands. "Promise me, 'Tia."

"I promise, Mac," Mattia agreed, resting his head against Mackayla's stomach.

"Not to be gay, or to ruin the moment, but I just want to know why you two aren't dating. I mean, Cock and Shit exist, but they're really not important to me. I just see that you two would be happiest together. You were happy as shit when you were together in the past, so..." Kairi suggested. Mackayla shrugged. She knew damn well it was something she thought about daily.

𝗥𝗜𝗬𝗔'𝗦 𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗦.
i'm sorry if i triggered anybody
or made anybody cry again. this
chapter made my eyes water
because i know that this is some-
thing that a ton of girls, and guys,
go through. and i deadass just
want to say that niggas ain't shit,
and they never will be. and
you're better on your own, no
matter how much you love 'ole
dude. he's never more important
than your own mental health, or
physical health. anyway, bye. 💛