ii.

JUNE 4TH, 1997
- ANAYSIA -

" ANAYSIA COME DOWN HERE NOW!"

I drag my feet down the stairs as my step mother calls me. I walk to my father's bedroom, where her head is peeking out, waiting for me. I stand there, impatiently waiting for her to say what she has to say.

" Out of courtesy for your father and I, could you please go down to the house where they are having a party and tell them to cool it. We can hear the music from here. And I'm sure you're studying and—"

"Do I have to?" I say as my tolerance level lowers, along with my attitude.

"Yes , you do. Ain't that what she just said?"my father says sternly. I roll my eyes and go back into my bedroom.

" Finally, are we done studying?" Roxanne says.

"No girl....I'm doing you a favor. You the one that has to make up a test this summer. And I'll be back. You keep studying."

I hear Roxanne pout and I smirk, leaving the house

I hear Roxanne pout and I smirk, leaving the house. I approach the house, where there are tons of cars and loud music.

"Here goes nothing..." I mumble to myself as I go to the front door

RONNIE

Loud music thumps the walls, and all you could see if you was this party was a bunch of gyrating bodies. Everyone had made their way to the back, so I chilled in front , smoking a blunt and relaxin with a few of my boys.

" Ayooooooo Ron, why you sitting here acting like you at home? There's a bunch of bitches out here that you could be slidin on, but nah you in here smoking a blunt. That's some shit you could at home!" Slim says with a bottle of Vodka in his hand.

" Slim, go sit yo drunk ass down somewhere! Out here lookin dumb as hell!!" Orlando yells.