chapter xxiii

DAY AFTER, @CRENSHAW HIGH
|ANAYSIA|

Roxanne and I were walking to our lockers, when we spot a familiar face in the crowds of the hallway.

" Why, I didn't know Joy came here!" Roxanne says.

" Oh my gosh, out of all schools!" I say rolling my eyes.

" Don't worry about her, sis, we gone be unbothered by her presence, can I get an amen?"

" Amen!" We both laugh and walk on to our other classes.

Jace and I turn in our projects. Our teacher gives us two assignments to work on. Jace moves to sit besides me.

" Did Ronnie talk to you?"

" Uhh, yeah, why?"

" I'm glad he did. I was tired of him coming to me about you. He's gotta know yo-"

" And he knows. I set him straight."
After class, him and I go to his house to chill. He invites Roxanne to come and he leaves to go practice.

" How are things going for you and Ronnie ?"

" Well, we're still giving each other space, you know, we separated. He still claims that I'm his girl no matter what"

"When did he say this to you?"

" in the ca-I mean yesterday"

" In the car? He was in the car with you?!"

I look down, ignoring Roxanne.

" Girl, you did not do it in the car with  Ronnie again!!! YES YOU DID!"

" He baited me! And besides, it ain't gone happen again."

"You right about that, cause Jace gone check you on it...anyway I heard there was a party going on. Slim gave me the address. You wanna go?"

" No girl, we gotta study for this exam! We are not failing."

|RONNIE|

" THIS PARTY IS WHERE ITS AT!" Slim says. There's a bunch of people at my new crib. I asked Quincy if it was cool, and he was fine with it. His bodyguards were at the entrance.

I chilled out in the kitchen, rolling my blunt up.
Slim comes in, with a bottle of Tequila in his hand.

" Bro, them blunts gone fuck you up on the court..."

" I know how to handle them...You obviously don't, especially with them bottles."

" Where J at?" Slim asks me. I shrug my shoulders. I only really see Jason at practice now. Every since I moved in with Q, he's become distant. I notice a girl eyeing me across the kitchen. She makes her way closer to me.

" Yo Slim, do you know her? I feel like I've seen her"

" Yeah, everyone knows her apparently. Her name is Joy, I think."

The first thought that comes to mind is Anasyia. She told me about what Joy did to her back at Oak Hill. She's apart of why Anasyia had her heart broken.
She comes to Slim and I, with her friends there too.