chapter xxxiii

3 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS
~ANASYIA~

I help Angie make some cookies and other desserts for Christmas. Some family members are going to come over to our house to spend Christmas with us, so we gotta start getting the house in order now. Suddenly my father comes in the house with a surprise. My 2 aunts come through the door, along with my cousin.

" Well, hello everybody!" my aunt Jackie says. She gives my brother a hug and comes in the kitchen, leaving my other aunt and my cousin to get their luggage. She's the aunt that will gossip on Thanksgiving and be shady about every damn thing.

" Now, Anasyia you come out of this kitchen and let the grown folk handle this!"

" But, I-"

" Come on now! We got a lot of stuff to cook up, ain't that right Angie?"

Angie looks at me, giving me the que to leave. I head to help my other aunt and my cousin out.

"Anasyia, you've gotten to grow into a beautiful young lady" my aunt Sheryl says to me.

" Yeah, just like you mom" my cousin called Lo says to me. Lo is a dyke. It was hard for her to come out and for my aunts to accept her. I still love her though, although we don't talk as much. It's clear that Aunt Jackie is super harsh on her for it, compared to Aunt Sheryl. Aunt Sheryl is the chill aunt to me.

We sit down and pray over the food before we eat. I sit next to Aunt Sheryl and dad. As we prepare to eat dessert, Aunt Jackie starts a convo.

" So Angie, how does it feel to be with my younger brother here?" Aunt Jackie says.

"Well, it's been a pleasure to be able to be with him. I love him dearly" Angie says. My father grins while staring at her.

" Well I hope you treat him right...and vice versa of course. I don't won't my poor brother to be hurt again"

" What do you mean hurt?" my brother asks.

" Well, don't you know that your mom and  dad divorced?" Aunt Jackie testifies. My brother looks at her in a confused way.

"Jackie, chill out.." my dad says and takes a sip of his water. I continue to nibble on the remains of my food, intrigued to hear more.

" He doesn't know X? Why, I thought you'd tell your kids about how you and Nicki sep-"

" JACKIE, THAT IS ENOUGH!" my dad yells from across the table.

Everyone sits in shock.

" Oh, X please! It's not my fault you ran your wife away with lies! And you're passing those same lies to your children!"
Aunt Jackie says standing out of her chair.
Aunt Sheryl tried to calm her down, and Angie does the same thing with dad.

"  Dad, what is she talking about?" I ask. Everyone gets silent, and my father just stares at me.

" X, you don't have to do this.....Anasyia this is all just all a big misunderstanding" Aunt Sheryl says to me.

" No....no. You don't have to cover me anymore. This has been weighing on me long enough... Anaysia, your mother and I divorced.."

"Yeah, I know dad....is that it? Aunt Jackie this isn't news to me.."

" Yeah, they divorced because your father cheated!!" Aunt Jackie yells.

" Get out of my house. Now." my dad says calmly.
" I think it's best if you guys leave." Angie says. They all leave, with Aunt Sheryl saying they'll come back when things are settled to get their luggage.
Angie and I start to clean the table and straighten things out. I think about everything that came outta of Aunt Jackie's mouth. I start to put two and two  together.

" Dad?" I say quietly.

"Yes babygirl?"

"Is it true...did you cheat on mom?"

" It's.......it's a long story, ok?"

" Tell me the truth Dad..." I say. He stares at me and blinks. He looks dumbfounded almost. I think back to when mom first left, and how fast Angie moved in with us. We didn't even know about her until she moved in.

" Dad.... did yo-you cheat on my mother with her?"

"With who?"

"A-Angie."

There was a long pause of silence. I have a clear realization of everything. I remember when my mom and dad started to become distant with each other in the house. And before that, how he would always be out on the ' job '.

" DID YOU DO IT? ANSWER ME!!" I say practically yelling. Tears fill my eyes and slowly roll down my face. I turned toward Angie, whose standing in the kitchen. I sped to my room, grabbing my keys with me.

" Anasyia, please, we just need to talk this out..." Angie says from behind me. I turn to her before I head out of the house.

" Listen, don't speak to me until you can come clean and straight to me.." i say  walking out the door. I head to Jace's house.

JACE

I open my door and see Anasyia rush through there. She drops all over her stuff and throws herself and me. We land on the couch. She's all aggressive and shit, and I'm just confused on what's even happening. I ain't never seen her like this. I take action and grab her by her waist, putting a complete stop on her. She refuses to look at me, so I take my hand and lift her head up.

" Babe, what's wrong?" I say quietly.

" Jace, what do you mean? Ain't nothing wrong with me."

" You can't even look at me in my eyes.."

She looks at me and tears fall down. She gets off of me, fixing her bra strap and shirt.

" Anasyia..."

" My father...he's a fucking liar!" she says to me.

" He cheated on my mom with Angie..had me thinking that my mom just stopped caring for us and left, when in reality he's just as cruel as she was for leaving!"

I continue to let her vent and I pamper while she does. I figure that's a good way to let some of the anger and stress within her release itself.

" It sounds like you need to talk to your mom. Do you know where she lives?"

" I think...I just didn't want to speak to her because I thought she just didn't want me."

"Look into trying to speak with her. Get on good terms. You only have one mom." I say to her. She finally looks at me in my eyes. She grins and gets back on top of me. We kiss for a bit, and she starts to take her shirt off. I stop her however.

" Why don't we watch some Christmas movies? We can make some hot chocolate and eat cookies."

"I like the sound of that....but aft-"

" Us fucking ain't nothing girl. You don't have to give me your body all the time. Being with you is all I'll ever need from you."

She smiles and lays on me and turn on the  TV, looking for a movie to watch. This'll get us in the Christmas spirit.