chapter xv

2 WEEKS INTO SCHOOL,  A THURSDAY NIGHT, AROUND 7
|RONNIE|

" damn A..." I groan. She throws her head back and I reach up, holding her neck. I sit up and kiss her neck and pull out gracefully. I lay down, feeling tired as hell.

" Come on Ronnie, one more..." Anaysia says getting on top of me again.

" Girl, I expected you to be worn out. We went like 4 rounds for a long ass time..." She kisses my chest, laying down on me.

"How's school going for you?"

" It's alright. How about you?"

" I like it so far. It's so different from Oak Hill."

" Yeah, we got more spirit. And you don't see a bunch of white people.. You make any other friends outside of Roxanne?"

" Not really. I mean I talk to this girl in Art named Devyn."

" Devyn. The girl who wears baggy ass clothes?!I thought she was emo or something." She smacks me in the arm.

" She's not emo!  She's unique if you ask me."

" Yeah, whatever. It's going on 8, you sure good? I don't you in trouble."

" yeah, I guess I gotta get going..." she says trying to find her clothes.

" Wait, I know you wanted one more thing..."

"  What?"

From there I take her and flip us over, looking at her as my way down the covers.

8:45 pm, SAME NIGHT
~ANAYSIA~

I kiss Ronnie, leaving his car. I walk inside the house, being stop by my father at the steps.

"It's a school night, and you're walking in here at damn near 9pm."

" Sorry, I guess I was at the library a bit too long."

" Who's car did you come out of?"

" Roxa-"

" Roxanne's car is in the shop. At least that's you told me. And what the hell is on your neck?" my dad says. He's on my ass right now, and I'm quickly running out of time to come up with something.

" Anaysia, I'm talking to you!" my dad yells.

" My friend just dropped me off. A new friend from school."

"That doesn't explain those marks on your neck."

Just then, Angie comes from downstairs.

"Baby, let's just go to bed. She's home and that's all the matters."

My dad tries to say something else, but Angie pulls him upstairs, kissing him. I cringe at the scene. Angie looks back at me and winks. I slowly walk upstairs and prepare for bed.

" Thank God she came around..."

NEXT DAY, LAST HOUR OF SCHOOL.
|ANAYSIA|

" We got to hang this weekend..." Devyn says.

" We definitely should. I'll page you, ok?"

Devyn nods her head, and  I go to English. I run into Roxanne, who looks at me weird.

" What's the matter?" I ask.