chapter xxxxiii

NEXT DAY

~ANAYSIA~

" Cmon girl, it's your turn!" I say to Roxanne. Her and Dev are at my house. We're playing Trashcan right now.

" I should've gotten a new notepad yesterday at the mall..I had enough money..." Devyn says as she plays. I haven't really addressed anything with her, especially with the information I heard yesterday.

" We could've done that instead of eating with them bums yesterday.." Roxanne says. It was quiet for a moment until Roxanne broke the silence again.

" While we on that note, what was Ronnie even talking about? You know, with you and him at the studio?" she says to Dev. I act as if I'm uninterested, although I am.

" I-It wa-was morning.. we only talked because he was being nosy."

" About??"

" He took my notepad with all my lyrics inside. I told him about it and that's it..."

Roxanne give Devyn  a  'I-know-you-lying' face.

" I'm being for real! And I would not do that to  Anaysia

" I'm being for real! And I would not do that to Anaysia..it's against the girl code.." she says, her attention going toward me.

" Devyn, I believe you." I say, lying. I can tell when Ronnie is really telling the truth. Therefore, I know something really went down. It might've not been really bad, but I know something happened.

Intuition never lies.

[JACE]

I don't even know how I managed to get home from Stanford. It's been two days since that late night party, yet I'm still sick. I guess it was those drinks. They were definitely spiked. I run back to my bathroom and throw up in the toilet. This definitely isn't a good look for me. I can't even be seen like this. I have a whole game tomorrow at 7. We're too deep in the playoffs too, so we gotta win.

After my 6th round of throwing up, I go back to my couch and just lay there. I've been taking Tylenol, but it's barely even working.

I miraculously get a knock on the door. I slowly drag myself to get it, and see Anasyia in the door way. I let her in, thinking of a way to explain what was up with me.

" Jace you look a damn mess."

" I know baby...I haven't been feeling the best.."

" Yeah, I hope partying with them football players at Stanford was worth it."

" How do even know about that?"

" Jace, you're famous. Things get around fast when it's public."

" That night was all over the place.."

" Were you up there to see your mom?"

" Yeah, but the doctors were doing something with her, and then my dad start tripping and I got heated. I went to talk to Montell, but he was at that party. That's when things went left.."